G400 and Final Fantsy VII problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Final Fantsy VII problems

When I play FF VII, it can only be played in Software Rendering mode and this makes the graphics really cheap quality. It's running on a PIII 450, 128 MB Ram. I played FF VII on my prvious computer with the G200 and the graphics looked better on the G200 than the G400. Any ideas for me to enable Direct 3d for FF VII? -Haig??

[This message has been edited by rye (edited 07-16-99).]

That sounds like a question to ask Haig. He is the Technical Support Manager at Matrox Graphics, and he hangs out here as well. He is sure to read a post if you include his name in the thread's subject title. I would suggest that you start a new thread (maybe in Hardware) titled something like "G400 & 8-bit palette--Haig?"

If there is a way to enable 8-bit palettized textures on the G400, he'll know how.

------------------
    Holly

Who can now put her V2 in her roomie's new (in a way) K6-266 (be quiet, she doesn't play games! well, not like Half-Life, anyway, she's a bleem! kinda roomie) because now her [Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100 , Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98] works plenty good enough 'til she's saved the moolah for the G400/Athlon rig [drool, pant, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-15-99).]
    Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
    -Jay Bulworth

Comment

I was testing FFVII yesterday too. Thought I could compare speed and image quality with the Voodoo2 that I was using (G200 is too slow on my system to play FFVII).

The reason it is not working is the G400 doesn't support 8bit palettized textures. Run the FFVII config utility, and you will see that it failed that test.

In the PowerDesk 4.51 advanced menu, there was an "Enable Palettized Textures" that made FFVII work. Now it is gone in PowerDesk 5.13.020.

Maybe somebody could tell us a registry key to hack with.

Anyway, just installed Half Life and had to uninstall FFVII to have enough space.

If you need some killer save files for FFVII, send me an email at jang@columbus.rr.com.

JamesA

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Working...
      X