Problems with My Millennium G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with My Millennium G200

Hello! I have a K6-300 system with a FIC 503+ M/B. I have tried to download the new 5.13 drivers....but they mess up my system really bad. I have the 4.33 drivers on right now....and they work pretty well...except for a few things. 3dmark WILL NOT benchmark or run the demo.....the screen goes blank when it executes the demo....and my gameplay of Unreal is HORRIBLE. I was going to benchmark it a couple of weeks back....and forgot to shut everything down.....the castle screen was about to pop up....and I hit CNTL-ALT-DEL...and it didn't pop up a window.....it rebooted the system. The game has never run the same since. I have reinstalled the drivers for the vid card....reinstalled Windows.....and even formatted my drive! And I can't get my matrox card to play a lot of the newer games.....forsaken doesn't want to play....q3 doesn't find an opengl driver and won't play....my half-life demo doesn't seem to want to work....and I'm pretty sure that q2 doesn't work either.....I'm not a huge gamer....but I do like to play. I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong....if it's the drivers....or what the problem is....I'm really not sure. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

jcwagers

Need more info.
    How is the card set up?
    What IRQ is it on?
    Does it share an IRQ with anything?
    How about your BIOS?
    Is PCI/AGP boot order set to AGP first?
    Do you have "assign IRQ to VGA" enabled?
    There may be some read/write cache settings in the bios you need to change as well...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hello to you! I have a K6-2 333 and a Millenium G200. No problems with the new drivers (see my topic http://forums.gagames.com/forums/For...ML/000631.html for encouragement.)

Not that I would ever 2nd guess you, dear Kruzin...but it sounds to me like JC might have a bum download. You know, one of those that somehow seems to install but leaves out essential files? I'd check that as well as any settings Kruzin suggests.

As far as Unreal goes...It was running like a hog after I first installed the 5.13 drivers, then the game, then the 2.24 patch...what a shock when I checked "Advanced Options" in the Options menu and found it was using the **software renderer**!!! Make sure you change it...it looks and runs much better!

------------------
      Holly

Who can now put her V2 in her roomie's new (in a way) K6-266 (be quiet, she doesn't play games! well, not like Half-Life, anyway, she's a bleem! kinda roomie) because now her [Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100 , Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98] works plenty good enough 'til she's saved the moolah for the G400/Athlon rig [drool, pant, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-13-99).]
      Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
      -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Well, that could be the case, Motub, except jc is seeing 3D problems of some sort with any version of the drivers he tries. This leads me to beleive it's a config problem, not several bad downloads...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi folks

jcwagers, you said 3D Mark is not running at all ... that brings up the question:

Do you have DirectX 6.1 installed ?

------------------
          Cheerio,
          Maggi

I used to have some posts in my record and hopefully some of the guys 'n' girls will still know me and my system ...
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Oh!I see your point, Kruzin. I was assuming that "the drivers" jc re-installed were the same ones, from the same dl (which if the dl was bad, would have just recreated the problem, natch). I didn't notice they were different ones.

Never mind

Holly
            Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
            -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Kruzin~
              I'm not sure what IRQ it's on.....and to be quite honest....I'm not really sure how to check for much of anything that you suggested. Can you help me with it? I have DirectX 6.1 installed. I really appreciate the help! Thanks everybody!
              jcwagers

Comment

What bios is your G200 running ?

------------------
                Cheerio,
                Maggi

I used to have some posts in my record and hopefully some of the guys 'n' girls will still know me and my system ...

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Just one thing to check... you don't use a 24bit desktop resolution do you? If you do - half of what you mentioned wouldn't work.

Probably a complete red herring...

------------------
                  Phil (MURC's G200 : WWW.G200.COM)

Comment

If you are running a 24bit desktop, change it to 16bit or 32bit - I doubt this is your problem, but it could account for most of the difficulties you mentioned.

Good luck.

------------------

Comment

If you are running a 24bit desktop, change it to 16bit or 32bit - I doubt this is your problem, but it could account for most of the difficulties you mentioned.

Good luck.

------------------

Comment

Wow - Net connection went really screwy there....

I'll ban myself if it makes you lot feel any better!

------------------

Comment

LOL

Good one, Phil !

Go ahead, ban yourself then re-register and try to get back your admin status

------------------
                          Cheerio,
                          Maggi

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                          LG BH10LS38
                          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hey everybody! Thanks for all the help! I'm currently running everything at 32-bit.....I really haven't tried much of anything else......oh.....I upgraded my bios to 2.3.....it had never been upgraded before.....but I still don't know how to check the IRQ or and of that stuff.....sorry!

jcwagers
                            P.S. Phil-Don't worry about posting a bunch of times!

Comment

To check your IRQs, right click on "My Computer", and select "Properties". Then select the "Device Manager" tab, and double click on the top "Computer" entry in the window, and you will see all of your IRQ assignments...

And Phil should worry about multiple posts...that drunken so-n-so is the moderator of this forum...he needs to set the proper example

Comment

Working...
                              X