PDA

View Full Version : Q3test on the G400

R0M
13th July 1999, 05:12
go to the console and type:

cg_drawfps 1 -> displays framerate
type anything else and you will be chatting, or just check your controls for the key to chat i beleive it's 'Y'.
Real benchmark will be available in Q3Test2, the current benchmark is broken in Q3Test1,

Regards,

------------------
"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Genom
13th July 1999, 08:01
Hey R0M, I was testing out Q3 but many time after running it it crashes back to windows and all my icons are gone. All I have are the filenames, and I have to reboot the machine.

I did the full uninstall and re-install of the 5.13 files, so HL actually runs pretty good now, but Q3 broke http://forums.gagames.com/forums/frown.gif

bRuiner
13th July 1999, 16:30
Wow! I didn't expect it to run very well since its based on opengl, but it played *great* with the 5.13 drivers! I had all graphics options enabled, at 800 x 600 (i'm gonna pump it up as far as it goes tonight), and it ran without a hitch for a good 45 minutes of deathmatching 8 player!

Question... is there a benchmark for q3test? and how can you display Frames per second, i'd like to report my results.

And finally, a stupid question that I could figure out if i took the time (and wasnt at work), how do you send chat messages in it?

Thanks!

Kevin