Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life, G200, direct 3d problems

Hi again,
    I have a problem with my matrox mil. g200 and halflife (direct3D mode). When I first installed the game I had that problem with the underwater scenes being opaque blue. On advice from someone on this forum I upgraded my matrox driver to "the latest" (4.51), this fixed the opaque problem but introduced a new owrse one; when I go to the main menu from the game and then resume, the video screen is corrupted, I need to quit and restart to fix it.
    On someone else's advice I got hold of a copy of directX6.1 (was using 6.0). I installed this at the weekend and gave it a whirl, the Matrox Display Properties still indicated that the version of driectX is 6.0 and the problem persists.

Help, I need to play halflife!

TIA
    Mark

Time to update your drivers again

PD5.13 came out a week ago, and with it, you can forget about D3D with HL, and run in OGL mode =)

Download the uninstaller, and the new drivers. Run the uninstaller, then install the new drivers

both are available at murc
    www.murc.ws
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Putting the new drivers PD5.13 will create a new set of problems. You will get periodic "patchwork" in Half-Life with the OGL, that didn't occur with the 4.51 drivers. Unless there has been a fix for this problem, you will have to put up with it until a cure is found. Is there?

Comment

The other solution is less time & money consuming.

Set your desktop to 16 bit. (This was posted earlier)

Comment

Thanks for the replies, switching to OGL sounds like "fun" but I am wary of further problems. I like Alexander' suggestion. I will give it a whirl first.
          Thanks

Comment

Hi KruzinĀ“! et. al.

I have been on vacation for the last 5 weeks so haven't been around. I had the same "corruption" problem when using the D3D mode with the 4.51 drivers so I switched to POGL with the (I shudder to say) Beta ICD and ..... IT WORKS FINE!!!! so far. Well, sort of..... the fact is that I keep dying in really horrible ways ;-) but that is due to my skill as a player rather than the computer or video card.....

Ciao!
            Bret

------------------
            Matrox Mill G200 8Mb SGRAM
            Gigabyte GA-5AA MB
            AMD K6-2 333MHz
            128 MB PC-100 RAM
            Sony 200ES 17" Monitor
            10.2 G Quantum & 2.3G WD Caviar

Bret Durrett
            durrettb@my-dejanews.com

Comment

D'ya mean to say that all those people with corrupted textures were in *32-bit*?? Did someone say, or did I miss the psychic hotline bulletin?

Have I been living in fear of the dreaded evil textures for no reason?

Holly
              Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
              -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
              X