Stuttering problems v. G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttering problems v. G400

I just got a G400 Singlehead 32mb, and so far I am happy with this card, except for one wierd problem. I get stuttering in all other D3D apps immediately after running Heavy Gear 2. Heavy Gear 2 itself runs fine for a while until it starts to stutter. The funny thing is, I didn't have this problem before, or at least I didn't notice it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 5.13 drivers and reinstalling DirectX, but it didn't help. Anyone else have this problem or know how to correct it?

System specs: Dell PII-400 w. 128mbs of RAM, G400 32mb, Windows 98, Direct X 6.1.

I tried the AGP aperture size thing. It didn't help. Anyway, I fixed the problem. It turned out that the ALIEN Commemoration desktop theme was causing the problem. Apparently it took up too much memory. I unchecked the Cache Device Bitmaps setting under options and that seemed to solve the problem and let me keep the theme (which is really cool BTW).

Damn board, I keep on pressing post new instead of post reply.

Comment

Change your AGP aperture size to 256,

Hope that helps,

------------------
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Working...
      X