Descent3 and OpenGL on G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descent3 and OpenGL on G400

Just installed and ran Descent3, D3D version works just fine a little jerky now and then but nothing major, tried in OpenGL and Nothing, blank screen with and sound.

Anyone seeing this?
    PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

D3 in OGL on G200 just crashes. So you are more lucky then me...

Comment

Quite a few OpenGL things just produce blank output. I don't know if it has to do with the 32-bit z-buffering problem or not... seems there are a few things "missing" from the ICD.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Regaurdless of the fact that there is an OGL option in the game, it's really meant to be played in D3D. The OGL of that game ranks right down there with the OGL of Unreal. Worthless. Shouldn't even be there. Play in D3D, and be happy (besides, when they put out the EMBM patch for the game, that will be for D3D only)...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

A couple things to add to this one..
          That No-EMBM out of the box support with Descent3 really pissed me off.
          I don't have a g400, but one should be in my hands soon.

I'm Playing Descent3 with a g200 on a c300a@504 and Ogl is rather crappy on that game with any card. Not to say any other API is better. But descent3 was pretty much coded primarily for D3D.

Just like OpenGL is the best in Half-Life.
          As far as performance goes in g200 I end up playing in 512x384x16 bit, and its still gets choppy. that pretty much blows.

OpenGL doesn't crash on my machine, but I 10/1 odds I think this guy has a SuperSocket7 system with his g200.

That can be scary
          What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Working...
          X