NFS4 and G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS4 and G200

Does anyone know, why G200 doesen´t support fog on Need for Speed-high stakes? Voodoo2 handles fog just fine in both modes, direct 3D and glide. I tried different drivers and registrysettings, but no fog.
    So is this because of G200 drivers or game itself?

Micko

P.S. Hey you betatesters (Kruzin, Stevec and so on). Have you tried NFS4 on G400? Does it support fog?
    Am I desperate or what?

Hi Micko,

could you post your driver & bios numbers ? (for the G200)

Sadly I don't have NFS4 ... so I cannot check how it runs on the G400.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
    Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

First you better buy the game, because it´s so good!
      VGA BIOS - 2.2
      Powerdesk version - 4.51.010
      Direct3D driver version - 4.11.01.1000

I also tried it driver version 4.33, but fog didn´t work.

Micko

P.S. You can download NFS4 demo from www.needforspeed.com

Comment

Thanx for your advice

I'll probably do the download ... how big is it ?

Anyway, at first you should update your bios to 2.3 ... (setup351 in the unifed section)

Look if the problem persists and report the result.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
        Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Downloading.... 9 bloody stupid pathetic kb per second.... I expect around the hundred mark on a relatively poor day... Oh well, it'll be here in the end.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

Using dodgy beta stuff in not that bad a PC with all sorts of bits n bobs in it helping to find ET calling home...

Comment

It´s been a few days since I had chance to wrote here, because here in finland we had this little midsummerholiday...

But back to business. I tried the newest (2.3) BIOS, but no way dude! I think this whole fogproblem is in the game, u know, Electronic Arts and 3dfx has a little deal to make Voodoo cards to look better

But I think people are very interested to see how NFS-HS performs on G400, so keep downloading... and dont´t forget to send results too

Micko

Comment

What kind of effect are you getting when you turn fog on, or are you getting no effect? When I turn it on the beams of cars headlights become visible, the sky gets a little brighter in certain areas, and the tress get a frosty look to them. Is this what's supposed to happen? If not, then what is?

------------------
              AMD k6-2 350
              Millienium G200 AGP 8M
              (SDRAM, 250 RAMDAC)
              40X CD-ROM drive
              SBAwe64
              8.4G Maxtor HD
              56k Rockwell
              17" monitor(1280x1024, 75Hz)

Millenium G200 8 Meg (SDRAM) 2.6 - 20 bios; 350 AMD K6-2 on a VIA MVP3 with latest bios; 128 Meg SDRAM; 8.4 Maxtor;

Comment

If someone can tell me how to take a screenie in NFS High Stakes, I'll happily post a shot of a foggy scene for you

------------------
                Celeron 300A @ 464, BH6(KG), 128MB Corsair CAS2 PC100, Voodoo3 3000 (166), SBLive!Value, 4.3GB + 8.4GB Fireball CRs, 10Mb Netgear NIC, Internal ZIP100, Sidewinder Freestyle Pro
                Agent. Copyright © 1998-99 Agent. All rights reserved.

Comment

To take a screenshot, hold Alt then press P anytime during the race or a replay. The game saves the shot in tga format on your desktop. (If you don't have software to view tga files, go to www.download.com, they have plenty of capable freeware).
                  Millenium G200 8 Meg (SDRAM) 2.6 - 20 bios; 350 AMD K6-2 on a VIA MVP3 with latest bios; 128 Meg SDRAM; 8.4 Maxtor;

Comment

There is 3 options in Fog section - On, Off and Track only. "Off" is of course without fog. "On" makes background brighter and "Track only" is like a fog off. This happens with G200.

With Voodoo family cards story is little different. If fog is on, there really IS fog. I think there is some screenshots of NFS on it´s homepage www.needforspeed.com
                    Both, Direct3D and Glide uses this fog correctly on my Voodoo2, so this is not "let´s make Glide look better" issue.

This really troubles me, because I have G400 on my mind and I really hate Voodoo2´s pass-though cable and low resolutions.

Micko,

...and I have took screenshots to show you this fog thing, but I don´t know how to put those pics to this page:-/
                    By the way, I used Hypersnap 3.30.00.

I can (maybe) E-mail those pics. Maybe, because my girlfriend has to do it (I have to paint the whole house, great...) and she has this very, very old e-mail program at her workplace.

Comment

Powerdesk 5.13 drivers = No fog :-(

Hey BetaTesters (We love you all!) tell us your results about NFS...

Comment

Worse Micko,

PD5.13 = No NFS:HS at all... not for me at least. All I get is a mysterious message that the 'Name' value is not found in registry, then NFS:HS tells me that the files are corrupted, and that I need to re-install...

Well, done that 5 times now, and still I get the mysterious Name value error (error #4, whatever that is !!)

I tried going back to 4.33 and guess what?
                        Hmmm, the same error was still there... No more NFS:HS for me then?

Anyone out there offering his/her help?
                        I want to test out that SVette I just d/led this weekend...

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 07-05-99).]
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi, i have the same problem with NFS:HS. I have a Mystique G200 16 megs, Asus P2B, p2-350 and i'm running the new powerdesk 5.x. Everytime i try to start NFS:HS i get the #3-Error, files are corrupted, you need to reinstall. Anybody have found the solution ?
                          P2-350@392, ASUS P2B, 64 MB, G400 DualHead 32 meg (made in Ireland),SoundBlaster 128, Quantum Fireball EL 7.6, Optiquest V75

Comment

Have you guys tried to remove manually NFS's registry settings?

Micko,

Comment

Done that, been there, tried that, to no avail...

I removed all value's to NFS:HS in the registry and it refuses to work.
                              It's not in the game itself, it's in the d3dsetup that it crashes with the error...

Funny thing is: NFS II & III work without a hitch... so why won't HS work???

Jorden.
                              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                              X