This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Has Done It Again.........

I tried to install the 5.13 drivers and once again I was brought to tears. Now instead of a blue error message, the Windows 98 flash screen comes up the the little bar that moves at the bottom just stops and the whole computer is locked. To think, I actually thought these drivers might have worked. I just want to die. Matrox is the absolute worst product that I have ever dealt with. The constant problems and delays etc. make me want to call the better business bureau and ask for an execution of all employees. At my company I will be mailing an e-mail to all employees warning them about the faulty products that Matrox makes. I've been to this board for over a year now and no one person can offer a solution to my problems. I try this, I try that, I unistall, I update, I reasearch and continue to waste valuable time trying to get my f&*kin computer to work with this Matrox crap, but NOTHING EVER WORKS!! I hate Matrox. If I go to Hell, my punishment will be an eternity of trying to get Matrox drivers to work. I get chest pains when installing new drivers, this isn't right!! How at the age of 45 can a computer company make me cry?!? I hate Matrox and I will be taking a sledge hammer to this video card!!

I've been completely frustrated before, yes it gets personal, but it's not this forum's fault, they are here to HELP, be nice to them, they are after all comprised of people like yourself who have an incentive to get their board to work. They are not Matrox(though Matrox are one of the better supporters), they are end users like yourself, they are all working together to get this piece of kit to work well. I can say this because I am a) new to the site and have had enormous amounts of help and picked up lots of helpful tips, and b)you only outgun me by a few years :-)

Think positive, if you want help ask for it, nicely, Dave

Don't make me angry...

Comment

Karl,

First of all, we can't help you if you don't tell us what's wrong and show us some systems specs. Secondly, is this problem related to a game? The reason I ask is becuase you posted to the game forums section and if you are having problems with just the drivers(ie; not installing correctly), then you should post more info in Matrox Hardware forum. Another thing is that I have had maybe one or two small problems and that's it! since installing 5.13. My computer feels a lot more stable. So if you want us to help you, please post more info.

Thanks,

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Did you read the instuctions on g200.com ?
        I just love this new update. Finally a decent OpenGL, that boosted Q2 50%. Finally got the opportunity to try Q3test. Amazing.
        Was about to change to TNT2, not anymore.

- 640*480*16bit, 72 fps (fullbright)

I'm pleased.

------------------
        Cel450/ABit-BX6/64-pc100/6.4GB/G200-8SG/SBLive!
        sambowie@hotmail.com

Comment

YOU WANT SPECS!??! LOOK AT MY GOD DAMN 600 OTHER POSTS WHERE I'VE NEVER GOTTEN ANY SOLUTION TO MY MATROX PROBLEMS!!!!!! DON'T YOU GET IT YET?!?! THERE IS NO SOLUTION, BUT MATROX DOESN'T HAVE A BOARD THAT I CAN YELL MY PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Jesus,
            Did somebody forget his pills today?

You don't really expect help with that kind of attitude, do you?

Just because Matrox doesn't have their own board, does not justify you in such churlish behavior here.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm not taking it out on you guys. Matrox reads these posts. They list this website on the official website. Maybe someone who works for Matrox will see my pain. Where did you "Forum" guys come in?!?! Who are you "guys" anyways!?!?! I don't give a rats ass about you guys I just want to say to the millions of people on the internet that Matrox rips!!!

Comment

Well Karl,

We don't give a rats ass about you either and contrary to what you may think, this is a sight where most people like their Matrox cards and try to help each other out. So you see, posting here is not going to give you the satisfaction you are looking for. And us "forum" guys are the same people that try to help out others and anyone else that posts something semi-reasonable. You obviously do not know how to post something reasonable and you don't give a shit about this forum or anyone on it. Go cry somewhere else.

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Boot.

Comment

Boot?
                    You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

i say boot too.

------------------
                      waiting for g400 to show up can be painfull. i don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Comment

how about "shoo!" har har, aren't I funny, get it? Boot? Shoe? Shoo? d'oh!
                        Agent. Copyright © 1998-99 Agent. All rights reserved.

Comment

Helevitia, Wombat has been around longer, and your poin it?? In the public service tenure is everything, but it doesn't mean it is good or it is right!

Also you say that most people are happy with their Matrox G-200 Video Cards, you base this on what?? Even you still are having texture problems with the OpenGL driver in Half Life, is this is satisfactory after this amount of time. I would hate to see your definition of unsatisfactory.

For those who still haven't worked it out Karl was in his child ego state, looking for attention and he seemed to attract a whole bunch of people who decided to be in their parent ego state and tut tutted him for having a rant and rave in the forum. If you were truly adult and logical about it and had a brain you would have seen Karls rant for what what it was. The fact some of you couldn't see that, is not my fault, and personally I feel it is good for people to vent sometime.

There was another thing you all could have done, I wonder what that was?
                          I hope you can all see the obvious now that I have pointed it out to you all. It is not rocket science.

Comment

Karl, you have no reason to take out your rage on us. People tried to help you, and you came unglued. Bad answer. Obviously, there is something wrong with your system, and you are not able to troubleshoot the problem. Take it to someone who is qualified, and leave us out of it. Your attitude won't get you anything here, except a total loss of respect, and hopefully a banning.
                            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Wombat, why don't you take your holier than thou attitude and shove it.

It is easy enough to take the high moral ground when things are running fine for you, but some poor bastards like Karl just don't know.

I KNOW what I am doing, and even then, I don't have all the answers, so I can fully understand Karls anger.

So get off your high horse and have some sympathy. The higher you decide to ride, the further it is to fall. Hope it hurts.

Comment

Working...
                              X