Bios-update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios-update

I just installed the new G200 drivers and Powerdesk5. Direct3D works fine, but I got the same problem with opengl, which I already had with the icdbeta2.The problem is, that when I start a opengl game, I get a blue screen with a system-error message:

Systemfehler!
    Speicherparitätsfehler aufgetreten
    System angehalten

in english( I'm not sure if the translation is correct):

system-error!
    a memory parity error occured
    system stopped

After this message I always have to reboot.
    I thought that perhaps a update of my vga-bios could help ( I'm using bios version 1.6-15 now).My questions are:
    -Do I have to delete drivers to update bios?
    -Does anybody have similar opengl problems and knows how to solve them?
    -How can I uninstall the new drivers and PD5, because after deleting the old drivers and installing the new one I don't have MGAPowerdesk in the start/programs folder anymore and no uninstall button anywhere.

Thanks a lot for your help!

My System:
    Pentium 3 500Mhz, 64MB Ram,Matrox Millennium G200LE (8MB), DirectX6.1, Windows98
    Pentium3 500Mhz
    192MB Ram
    Matrox Millennium G200(8MB)

Ypu should update your bios. It may not fix your problem, but it should be updates to work best with the new drivers.

Do you have parity RAM in your system? If not, make sure your bios is not set for parity checking. Even if it is, try disabling parity checking to see if it helps. You can always switch it back...

PD5 doesn't have an un-install. There will be a separate uninstaller released in the next few days...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Do a virus check - you may have the Parity.B virus on your system...

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve
      It's Only A Graphics Card!
      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Can't find a virus!
        I also looked in the bios, but the only parity-option I could see was "PCI Bus Parity checking", which is disabled ( I've got a Phoenix-Bios, by the way).
        So what to do?
        Pentium3 500Mhz
        192MB Ram
        Matrox Millennium G200(8MB)

Comment

Working...
        X