No OGL functionality at all!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No OGL functionality at all!!

Hi. After upgrading to pd5, I cannot get anyting to work in ogl. Screen savers,(both user made and original microsoft ones)and doom gl. Always getting message about linked to missing opengl32.dll or other problem. Please help! I did a clean install after removing the old stuff and D3D seems to work but no OGL.

Search your registry for mgaicd.dll. If you find something about it, delete that key. Make sure in the same section that there is a listing for the new icd, g200icd.dll (whatever the filename is.)

Comment

Hi Cswan. Thanx for the reply. I did not have the old ICD installed because I found alot of probs with texture flashing under 4.51 drivers. So I should not have the mgaicd at all. But I will look tho... I was able to get some functionality by dling the opengl update from microsoft, via OpenGL.org
      Quake 2 is over36 fps912 faster than with the wrapper. And it is gourgeous! The microsoft oglfx screensavers work now but they have a white outline, kinda like texture tearing on a crappy video card. But there are still alot of problems. I get a red error message when I try to autodetect video renderers in Descent 3 if the OpenGL box is checked. And user made OGL screensavers just lockup my machine. Thanx for letting me talk so much.

------------------
      P2B,128PC100,iCeleryA337,g2008megsd

Comment

Working...
      X