Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PD5 G200 drivers and ICD!!!

http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/la...ivers/home.htm

Finally the new OpenGL ICD for G200 is here!

What are you waiting for? GO GET IT!

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 06-30-99).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Hey Kruzin! Thanks for the heads up on the drivers... maybe this will solve my Descent Freespace problems... I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Cheers!

------------------
    Manex

Celeron 300A@450, ABIT BH-6, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, 128MB RAM, Matrox Millenium G200 16MB, SB Live!, Adaptec AHA-2940UW, Plextor 32X CD-Rom, Plextor 4X CD-R, USR 56K modem, Sony 17" Trinitron Monitor

ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Kruzin. You the man!

Now if I can just pay the bills fast enough tonight to still have time to download and install (and of course I'll have to check out the new s/w on something stressing, say... TFC ) I'll be a happy clam.

------------------
      Walter
      PII 300 @ 338MHz (sometimes), ABit LX6, 192 MB, Mystique G200 16MB, SB64PCI, WD 6.4GB & 1GB, piddily little 28.8 USR Sportster (soon to be replaced by ISDN with USB)

Comment

Some quick results
        run on a
        PII400
        P2B-S
        Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM (not overclocked)

Before upgrade (Powerdesk 4.51)

Unreal TimeDemo 1
        D3D mode 640x480: 24 fps
        OpenGl mode ICD Beta2: 640x480 6 fps

I found the drivers that came with 4.51 about 15-20% faster than the drivers that came with 4.33 (the certified stuff) of which I posted the results in another thread.

After installing the new drivers I ran the tests again.
        The results amaze me.

After Upgrade (Powerdesk 5.13)

Unreal TimeDemo 1
        D3D mode 640x480: 12 fps
        OpenGl mode ICD Beta2: 640x480 4 fps

That's a dramatic loss of performance
        Someone having similar results?

Comment

Sorry I made a copy error in the results of the 2nd test. It was run with the final OGL ICD.

Comment

How did you install the new drivers?

Did you use this method?
            http://forums.gagames.com/forums/For...ML/001840.html

If not, try again that way.

And forget about OGL with Unreal. It doesn't work with any card worth a crap. Use D3D.

The one thing I found, was that if I ran in OGL mode, an Unreal app would stay running in task manager, even after the game exited. Make sure to do a ctr+alt+del to see if one of those things is hanging around. I would also have to reboot after trying OGL before it would run decently in D3D...otherwise it was pitifully slow....

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi Kruzin,

You were right, restarting gave normal D3D figures again.

Comment

Cool

And did performance go up/down at all?

Comment

Gawd, they have fantastic timing, 3 days after I format and install the 4.51 drivers, they finally release new drivers. Still, I guess I was asking for trouble.
                  Agent. Copyright © 1998-99 Agent. All rights reserved.

Comment

Me so happy!
                    Going to get them right now!
                    Millenium G200 8 Meg (SDRAM) 2.6 - 20 bios; 350 AMD K6-2 on a VIA MVP3 with latest bios; 128 Meg SDRAM; 8.4 Maxtor;

Comment

Quake3 and the new ICD damn near made me wet myself.
                      I wasn't expecting a major difference; but the game goes from playable to solid.
                      I didn't get any numbers before or after (and I'm not going back to find out!)
                      But all my 3dmark max scores have dropped (some results up; some down; overall down)
                      As far as opengl goes ... whoooeee.

---Adrian

Comment

I can't believe it - the first day in months that I don't check the MURC, and the drivers are FINALLY released.

Serves me right, I guess...

Comment

They ain't all that. They ain't even a side of fries. There are an awful lot of people having an awful lot of problems. In fact, I've seen more problems with these drivers than with any other set.

Comment

The new OpenGL icd sux.

Q3Test in 1024x768x32 = white screen
                            Descent3 demo2 = crash while detecting OpenGL device

Winamp 3D plugin "winamp goes 3d" = system hangup

Well, the truth is now proven. Matrox can't
                            make the OpenGL driver in time (yes, i remember NVidia's riva127 - they late half a year too, but not with such a bad result)

---
                            GA-686BXE (intel bx), G200SD 8M, celeron 366,
                            128M ram.

Comment

Alexander,

>Q3Test in 1024x768x32 = white screen

- Turn of the 32-bit z-buffer.

Regards,

Jake

P.S. Can you get timedemo working in Q3?

Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
                              ----------------------
                              Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Working...
                              X