Q3 Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3 Install

I can never seem to get the install to work. I've downloaded it about 10 times and everytime It gets right to the end of Pak0.pk3 and I get a CRC error. I don't have problems downloading anything else though??

Any ideas why??

Anyone, anyone... Bueller??

I really would like to try it out... I'm jealous of everyone who is enjoying all this great eye candy.

How is it running on the G200 anyway??

Comment

are you using SCSI ?

which links did you dnl from ?

------------------
      Cheers,
      Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
      Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Here's an interesting story (well not really, but bear with me...) - I had the exact same problem. It was caused by my PII overclocking. Any BIG zip files would not unzip without CRC errors. Bumping up the voltage a tad (to 2.2v) or going back down to standard CPU speed worked fine.
        So the moral of the story is check that your OCing is stable, assuming you are OCing of course....

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

Using dodgy beta stuff in not that bad a PC with all sorts of bits n bobs in it helping to find ET calling home...

Comment

SCSI? Yeah, my CDs are SCSI, but what would that have to do with it??

Tecnically I'm not OCing, but the revision of my board that I have is not listed as supporting my chip.

See sig for more system info:

------------------
          FIC VA503+ (1.1a, 1.15JK33), K6-2 450, Marvel G200 (4.51, 2.2, 1.21 vid tools), 128MB PC100, PCI SCSI Adapter, SB Live Value, USR Sportster 56K, Win98, no O/C

Comment

I thought it might have been a lost/broken termination, but as you said, you are not using harddisks on your scsi-controller ... so that's not the problem

------------------
            Cheers,
            Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
            Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Oh.. I see where you were going now. You confused me for a minute there!!

It's gotta be something to do w/ my Modem, ISP, Error Checking, something like that, cause I just downloaded it here and it worked fine (Can't run it though, I'm on NT).

BTW, I don't know which links I've used, I tried a bunch of them.

I WANNA CABLE MODEM!!! When I move (soon) cable modem access is gonna be a priority...

Comment

I had a similar problem to yours, and upping the voltage of my CPU by a 10th of a volt fixed it (this was even before I overclocked).
                Actually, there are a lot of people who have difficulty with your chip (the 450). Many do not run correctly at the default voltage. Don't worry about raising the voltage a little, you'd still be well under the threshold for your CPU. Also, if you're getting BSoD's in Windows, you may notice fewer of them after the voltage increase. I did.

Good luck,
                Wombat

------------------
                503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM)

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

It's at 2.4 now (proper setting per FIC) do you think 2.5 or 2.6 would be too high??

Thanks!

Comment

Oh, and no - I haven't been getting any BSoD's (KNOCK ON WOOD!!) - but every once in a while (like every 2-4 weeks) I get total screen corruption. But a reboot clears it up fine...

Comment

I GOT IT!!! WOOHOO!!! Belive it or not, I turned my Screensaver / Wallpaper cycling program off, and it seemed to do the trick. I guess I should've tried that first!!!

It looks really good, and worked fine the first time. Smooth at 640 w/ most of the goodies turned off.

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                      X