Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce lowpass tweak

Hello

I had it with my ASUS geforce2 MX. The screen is so blurry I think I have cataract. Where can I find the lowpass remove hack.

Later I think I buy a Radeon or should I wait for the Radeon 2?

you should wait for the radeon 2, because, even if you wont actually buy it, the radeon 1 will be a lot cheaper till then.
    you could also wait to see whether the g550 really is mx speed, if thats enough for you

Comment

You can find that thingy here .

Quote from page-
      <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">If you have a blurry image on resolutions that should be crystal clear on your monitor:

Check that your monitor has enough videobandwidth
      Make sure your vga cable is sufficiently high quality
      Test the system without any additional devices on the vga cable -- connect the cable from your monitor directly to your videocard
      If possible, verify that your monitor and cabling is up to task by trying some other videocard that is known to have sharp picture quality (matrox G200/G400 for example) </font>
      Greebe - do you subconsciously link to pages that have positive comments for Matrox .

Comment

VisionTek's FAQ page about the Geforce3 says things like:

"nvidia chips have dodgy 2d quality"

"your card is a poor choice for 2d"

and other stuff, all with the same implication - "don't blame us because it's blurry, you wanted a geforce!"

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

At least not all forums defend a bad position. No big flames yet on this "2D n GeForce 3?" post at amdmb.

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

Hey Rags, shame I can't move this thread to [H]OCP! LOL

This link is filled with 90% of those nVidiots that claim we Matrox Users were full of shit about our lust for 2D quality.

To them I say, Bwahahahahahaha
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

bacon, if you had bothered to check the link I posted, the first post in that [H]OCP thread had the same link. DOH!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Dejavu coming up... bacon and Mike
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

... on BBQs I usually wrap chicken wings with bacon, makes a bit more juicy and a lot more tasty ...
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Thats what I meant Greebe

Comment

LOL

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
                        "you don't need a friggen precision tool to rip out those capacitors you can even use the blunt side of a kitchen knife to nudge those capacitors the hell out of your video card. then use anything to connect the inductors together. I don't see why you're so apprehensive."

"-CarJackz, with a crisp 2d display thanks to three minutes of hardware tweaking."</font>
                        LOL!!!

I'll have to remember these alternate ways of removing SMD's.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 29 June 2001).]
                        MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                        Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                        512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                        Matrox P
                        X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                        LianLiPC70

Comment

And you can kiss that warranty bye bye too!
                          Let alone ripping traces off the pcb doing so.

And peeps are concerned with OCing their cpu's voiding warranty's and or damaging it. Oy!

Comment

Working...
                          X