backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup

how can i make a backup of win2k on cd-rw?? the packet writing software that came with my recorder doesnt work in nt/2k.

any programm out there that does??

If you have a second hard drive and aren't using NTFS5 you could XCOPY the main drive to second drive then burn image off second drive to CDRW

Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

does that mean i bought all those cds for nothing?

Comment

okay, there was an INCD update on the ahead homepage which works with win2k, never mind this thread

edit: they just released it YESTERDAY, lucky me, hehe

[This message has been edited by Topha (edited 27 June 2001).]

Comment

Ahead's Nero is works great with Win2000. It has a drive backup program in the newest release. You can't back up the files if you're in the OS though. You'd have to dual boot into Win98 or some other OS and then backup the Win2000 files.
          The other option is to use Norton Ghost. You can set the image size to 650mb and have it span the drive over several CDs. 3GB should end up taking 5-6 CDs. Copy from Disk to Image, but again the image can't be placed on the partition you are working from. You really need either 2 HDs or 2 operating systems to backup easily.
          Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

nope, they just realeased inCD for win2k which allows me to use cd-rws like floppy disks, so i can use them with the win2k internal backup program.

the problem with the nero internal backup program is, that it copys the whole hard drive (even the empty space) on cd, which takes a little too long for 60gigs

Comment

dang, the windows backup program doesnt support it, and i cant split the file with winzip.
              is there a way out there to split a 9 gig backup file so it fits on cd's? need help please.

Comment

OK if you arent using NTFS5

1. boot off a floppy disk
                2. type the drive letter where you have a ton of space D:, E:, F: etc...
                3. type "md backup"
                4. now type "cd backup"
                5. you should see d:\backup or whatever drive letter it was
                6. type "xcopy /s/e/c/h/k/y/r C:
                7. this will make a perfect image of your C: in the folder
                8. when done boot into Win2K and run NERO backup and backup the X:\backup folder

easy enough =P
                and you get to use the CDs ya bought =)

Dil
                Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

or just use Ghost

Comment

Working...
                  X