Donkey of a purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donkey of a purchase

Just bought myself the Steinberg MyMP3 software player because I spend a lot of time ripping cd's and or listening to mp3 collections. Unfortunatly under Win2k when I scroll a page the music pauses or slows down for a fraction of a second. The mp3's also seem to crackle and hiss very slightly, something the free Winamp doesnt do. Not only that but I dont think it does visualizations. After looking around the net I feel such an Ass for buying something that could have been obtained in other packages almost for free.

Todays donkey award goes to me. As we say in our department when we do a boo boo.He Haw, He Haw.

However, at least I can console myself that I am helping the software industry by making purchases.

Any one else made similar mistakes
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Nope... but don´t feel bad about it. It´s people like you that support the software industry.

BTW, you can rip Cd´s with the software that came with your CD recorder (if you have one). Don´t need to spend money with MP3 stuff, there are a few free programs out there.

[This message has been edited by Alec (edited 27 June 2001).]

Comment

Alec
      Thanks for the input. However, I was able to resolve the pauses in the music by changing the size of the buffer. It makes me feel better about my purchase but I feel even more of an ass now for not sussing it out in the first place. Oh well back to M People

regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Can't be as bad as the Iomega Ditto Max tape drive that's gathering dust in my cupboard, the worst piece of hardware I've ever bought
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Videologic SonicStorm PCI (ESS Maestro-1 chip). It kept locking up when my PlexWriter 4x SCSI was hooked up to my 2940UW... talking about weird incompatibility issues.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by dZeus:
            Videologic SonicStorm PCI (ESS Maestro-1 chip). It kept locking up when my PlexWriter 4x SCSI was hooked up to my 2940UW... talking about weird incompatibility issues.</font>

Yes that was the weirdest I have heard about outside my own workshop.

It's located in the basement at work.

The building is built at the site of an old cloister.

And people wants ME to explaine those weird funny looking robed monks without faces that walks through walls...

one of them scared the shit out of the building manager that was supervising the instalment of our new security system.
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
            X