Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I do to help this dodgy DVD drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do to help this dodgy DVD drive?

Hey folks,
    I have a Pioneer -104 drive. It's about two years old now, and it's been shipped numerous times. It took a good jolt once, and that didn't help it. Now it will lose its place on a CD or DVD on occasion.

If I open it up, is there anything I can do to fix it?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

I know what u're talking about i've had a pioneer DVD-103S and i had to ship it back 3 times. The 3rd time i asked for an exange or a rerfund. They gave me a DVD-115F (the tray version). I never had any other problem with the drive after that... it seem's that the slot models gives a lot of problems. If i were u i'd send 'em back and ask for a tray model. If u really don't want to send it back, maybe clean the engine and oil it.

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Never had any problems with my Pioneer DVD-303S.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I'll see if they'll take it back, but I've had it for about 18 months.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I had mine for 1year and 1/2 when they exanged it for an other model.... i don't see why they wouldn't.

I've got a friend that had a DVD-303S also... he never had prob with it either.

Actually the main reason why i asked for that exchange is that when they repaired it the first time i planted it back in the pc and broke 4 DVD with that hell repaired drive. The mechanism was scratching the whole disk.... and to make it worse pionner was cheap enough to only pay me back 2 of the 4!!

Spazm
          P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Working...
          X