X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave it to ars to have an article like this:

My head hurts after reading THIS.

Rags

Perhaps you have your refresh rate set too low?

Oh boy, those americans...
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Rags, you need to have a Bud after reading that!

Comment

The part about parallelization is just gibberish amounting to "2 = 2".
        What if N = 2 and the two halfs of the solver are on opposite sides of the room?
        Do they magically slow each other down?
        chuck

PS I could be wrong you know
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I reckon these are probably more realistic ideas. PhysicsWeb

Comment

brings a new meaning to the complaint that my file has disappeared. It has in the blackhole.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Nice articles! Interesting read

I tell you one thing though - get a bad sector on my blackhole harddrive, and I won't be opening that up to fix it!!!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 21 June 2001).]

Comment

The only issue I take with this is there is no discussion of large breasted women caught on the event horizon who need to be rescued prior to being engulfed in the singularity. No superheroes, no techno knight in shining armored battle cruiser....nothing...

Dil
                Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Hey would could shove a few invalid users into the black hole.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I read that this morning too. Kind of smacks of herbal logic to me.

As in, the kind of thing a (hypothetical individual who certainly isn't myself) would think up after they (not me, since i'd never touch the stuff, of course,) smoke a whole lot of good weed.

..and sit out on the balcony one night watching the stars and talking about how strange it would be if you could molecularly fuse a 2x4 to your head, and what it would feel like to be accellerated in a linear accelerator, and then your other friend drives up and shouts from the pavement below that he's going to get pizza and pizza sounds SO good to you that you don't walk out of your apartment but actually go over the railing and scale the balcony and crawl up onto the hood of his car because it's warm.

Of course that's just hypothetical, and I wouldn't know anything about it.

------------------
                    Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
                    SYSTEM1
                    Asus A7V133 - K7 - 1.2 GHZ - GeForce 2 GTS 64mb
                    768 MB PC133 - 170 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                    Asus P3BF 1003.A - P3-500 - G400Max
                    256MB 6NS - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

Hello... my name is ami. and this is my signature.
                    Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
                    Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
                    1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
                    200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
                    Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
                    768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

I t bring a whole new meaning to the term Hardware Acceleration.

Comment

Actually it's based on very sound principles. The kind of stuff you learn when you take a good physics class and learn some tensor calculus & continuum mechanics with a little probability thrown in for good measure.

Oh, by the way: under quantum mechanics two particles at a distance, even if they are half a universe away and not just across the room, can affect each other instantly.

It's already been shown experimentally, but the underlying mechanism is still a mystery.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 22 June 2001).]

Comment

ROTFLMAO... Nope ya sure would know anything about that Ami!
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Dr.M,
                            But why did they make the assumption that they had to divide a given power by N?
                            It's like saying that that if you divide a road in half lengthwise, that it can't carry any more traffic as two roads than it did as one.
                            This may be true, but it's also trivial.
                            And, the result does not apply to really building two parallel roads.
                            chuck
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Read Micheal Chrictons "Time Line"!

Where he proves that while he seems to have gothen the term "Quantum computer" right he don't have clue about the term "Non lossy compression"!

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X