inkjet printers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inkjet printers...

Just out of boredom and curiosity.. I'd never buy non-HP printers, they are for me what Matrox is for graphic cards: Not always the fastest, not always the best photo quality (with Matrox, this would be 3D features), but the best text, drivers and generally hassle-free.

Anyone have the same/a differing opinion?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Epson's Photo Stylus series print the best photo quality imho ...
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

hey az, i got an hp deskjet 990Cxi (my dad does, actually ), and i agree, its way better than the epson stylus photo 750 ( i admitt its a lot newer), quality is way better, text and photo and everything, it is faster, it is a lot quieter and the tools are way better.
      we bought it because it was (and i think still is) the best inkjet printer, according to www.chip.de that is, and they have never disappointed me with their reviews.

Comment

I've just ordered myself a DJ930C - would have taken a better one but don't have the money

BTW, if you're looking for cheap hardware in germany, try www.csv.de , they're not as big as K&M or Alternate, and it usually takes a little longer for things to arrive, but they're even cheaper (and they're in Spandau )

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'd like to second Maggi here. IMHO there are only two viable choices for inkjet printers:

1. If you want best Photo/graphic print-quality, go for an Epson Stylus Photo.
          2. If you're most often printing text or b/w, get a HP printer.

But the newer HP have good colour printouts as well, IMO just not quite as excellent as the Epson Photo-Series with it's 6 colour-printing.
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

I just wanted to differentiate between photos and graphics

Photo's yea, maybe Epson have the edge, but HP rule, text, bw, colour, graphics (as in business graphics).

So...HPs are easily better in all but one category, which they are very close in. It's gotta be HP

Oh, and I've never used their PhotoSmart, anyone here have one, like/dislike it?

P.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

My HP 722C hasn't dramatically let me down yet, neither has the 6 year old 540. Although my experience with Epson's newer printers is very limited, so can't say anything bad about them.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Alps.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

About photo quality, I think HP really reached Epson with their 9xx series. Maybe high-end Epson printer still have an advantage, but for the cost of a 930c, Epson has nothing comparable.

About black text quality, you need also to buy a top-notch Epson to have good text. Every HP always had an excelent text printing. Even my rusty 690c has better text output than low-end Epson´s today.

Comment

Alps.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Silver ink.
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Personally, I found Cannon, Epson, Lexmark and HP printers to be quite the inbetweener of graphics and text. Varying from one end of goodness to the other.(Especially the inkjets) Kinda like the 1996/1997 era of graphics cards, not "really" superb in all areas.

The worst thing about most of the printers I've used however, come in the same theme; CYM in the same cartridge. It just made running costs too much for them to act as good graphics printers. Plus they're often not the best around.

I found that the good old; one for X(graphics) and one for Y(text), to be the much better combination.

Currently I got an old Laser running the text and a really nice OKI DP-5000 printer for graphics. Really some of the best print results around.

J1NG

Comment

I got an Epson Stylus Photo 1270 a few months ago and really like it. Especially for Super A3/B size paper. There was an issue with the new Premium Epson Glossy Photo paper but I believe that Epson has reformulated the paper so you don't get the orange shift problem.

What I printed on the sample paper (New stuff) shifted within a week after printing. I found out that it wasn't UV light that caused the reaction but ozone (03) that produced the effect and only with Epson's new Premium Glossy Photo paper.

What I have printed on some of my older Glossy Photo paper has not shifted and is beautiful.

Paul
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

AZ - I`m of the same opinion ... "Kauf Dir einen HP und Du hast keinen Ärger"

Übrigens hatte ich vorher auch einen 930C - bin aber jetzt auf den neuen DJ959C umgestiegen. Der ist echt eine Rakete.

MK

------------------
                            Celeron II 860 MHz on EPoX BX7+100, Intel i440BX
                            Golden Orb @ 7V + 2x Papst Low Noise Cooler
                            256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                            G400 16MB @ PD 6.10 + TGL (soon to be replaced
                            Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                            IBM DTLA 20GB on HPT U-ATA100 RAID
                            Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                            Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                            HP Deskjet 959C
                            <font size="1">