Never-ending download???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never-ending download???

I was scratching my head thinking what game I could use to look at EMBM on Kyro (Expendable EMBM is G400 only, G400 Techdemo is also G400 only) and I though about slave zero. I could sware I had a cover cd with the demo around, but I couldn´t find it.

So I went to download it from ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/demos/slavezero/szdemo.exe , a 67 Mb download reported be Go!Zilla and IE5.

The point is that it´s now at 165 Mb and still going... What the hell am I downloading???

A backup copy of the internet. Keep it safe.

Jeff
    -We stop learning when We die, and some
    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Do you think I can burn it on a cd and save on phone calls?

Comment

If you ever stopped then resumed the download for some reason it's possible that the download manager thinks resuming worked but in fact it is downloading the whole thing from the beginning. (Appending it to what you already downloaded.)

Comment

I guess in portugal you don't have unlimited internet access for a flat fee?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Nuno:
            I was scratching my head thinking what game I could use to look at EMBM on Kyro (Expendable EMBM is G400 only, G400 Techdemo is also G400 only) and I though about slave zero. I could sware I had a cover cd with the demo around, but I couldn´t find it.

So I went to download it from ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/demos/slavezero/szdemo.exe , a 67 Mb download reported be Go!Zilla and IE5.

The point is that it´s now at 165 Mb and still going... What the hell am I downloading???
            </font>
            Hi Nuno - I've had this happen to me too - I had a what IE thought was a 120-odd MB download, but infact, it carried on for over twice that... IE always saying '1 second remaining'

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

dancray: you suppose well I´m waiting for ADSL to arrive here, we´ve got it already in the bigger cities.

SteveC: and the file worked after that?

Comment

Did the download ever end? Or is it still busy? How big was the file in the end?
                I checked the ftp site with an ftp program and it did say 67Mb for the demo.

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Nuno:
                  SteveC: and the file worked after that?
                  </font>
                  Yep!

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Jorden: The download is still going, it´s dl at 5.0 Kb/sec and it´s now at 187 Mb!!! Gee, maybe they are offering the whole game as a demo

Steve: Thanks

Comment

Have you even read what I wrote?

I bet you are resuming that download.. Or are you really online without any reboots for that long that you are still downloading uninterrupted?

Comment

Yes fds I read it, point is I *always* resume downloads and never had a problem...

Comment

...before,

but that's not the case this time
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
                            Connected to ftp.infogrames.net.
                            220 ftp2 Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
                            </font>
                            There's your problem.
                            And if you still doubt me then I started downloading this silly file and will let you know if it works at only 67 MB of length.

It'll take 20 mins to get here though, this site is slow.

Comment

szdemo.exe file size 67,558KB works fine (about a 15min DL)
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X