My CD-R's won't play/crashes in my computer DVD player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CD-R's won't play/crashes in my computer DVD player

Weird problem I have been having intermittently with my CD-r burns (mainly data and images backed up). A lot of them won't playback on my pioneer DVD 114 (latest firmware); but they playback ok on the panasonic 7585 8x cd burner. I use TDK/Kodak discs and when I put the CD-R into the DVD slot to read it; my system either crashes and reboots or simply freezes up.

I have turn auto notification off on the DVD player but the computer still freezes up.

I know this is a quirky problem and may not be easy to troubleshoot but I would appreciate any tips.

thanks

dan

ps...my system in win98se; p3-500; 512mb ram; g400DHmax; SBlive mp3; fairly vanilla config.

[This message has been edited by dancray (edited 18 June 2001).]

Have you "Finalised" the CD-r's?

Burners can read their own unclosed cd's but normal CD-ROM's can't!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

yes, I use EASY cd 5 and choose disc at once; it finalises automatically.

sometimes when I reburn a problem disc at a slower speed that helps, but then what's the point of having an 8x burner

[This message has been edited by dancray (edited 20 June 2001).]

Comment

Working...
      X