Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good slot1 CPU fan or overclocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good slot1 CPU fan or overclocking?

Best I use for Slot one overclocking (My dad's PII 333@515 and my 2nd Celery 300@450) I just find any old slot one heatsink which is BIG and put my own BIG fan on it or near it.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

adam, what are your cooling requirements, ie P3 x mHz to x mHz. Also are you looking for a 40mm/60mm/80mm fan?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The Alpha P3-125 with the copper base is one of the better slot coolers.

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

And if you can get hold of it, it's really cheap to. They don´t make them anymore so most of the retailers are selling them at reduced price.

Comment

What's a good slot1 CPU fan or overclocking?

Can anyone suggest a good Slot1 CPU fan for overclocking a PIII?

Thanks.

Comment

BH6 + P3 700 clocked at 931 (7x133) MHz or more if my RAM will allow it.

I've been looking at the Golden Orb - sounds pretty good.

Comment

The golden orb was able to do that on my system at default voltage! I have the socket model now runing at 1GHz 1.75V (143MHz fsb pep66T cooler) that is about as high as my ram allows me to go!

BTW if the orb comes with a termal pad you will need to remove it and use some thermal compound but if it comes with termal compound there is no point in removing it unles you are planing to use arctic silver!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I would say go Alpha p3-125 all the way. I have one on my slot 1 600E, it keeps it down right cold. I believe you can still get them at www.2cooltek.com.

Comment

GORB's suk, stay away from them
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

GORBs SUCK get the Alpha!!!!!!

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Paul's going through and pissing on all the threads ... cool!
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

HEHE!!!

Thanks xortam... I do feel better now

Paul

Comment

A g-orb will do just fine taking the cpu to 933MHz most CPUs does that with the default hs if you raise the voltage a bit!

My friends slot1 p3 700 does 1050MHz (150MHz fsb) at 1.75V with the g-orb! Won't even boot at 933MHz with the default hs!

No need spending more money on a Alpha(well at least in my opinion)!

Also if you decide to go with the alpha cooler make sure it will not block your ram slots!
                          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Isn't that why you hang in TSB 99% of the time?!

Comment

Working...
                            X