Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are bored, come in and help me out :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are bored, come in and help me out :)

Well, I get my new remote soon for my HT, but the remote does much more than HT. You can control anything that you can connect an IR sensor to and learn the codes. I have several ideas but wanted to know if anybody could think of some good ideas I haven't thought of yet. For instance, I am going to create several MACROS to my favorite radio stations. The cool part about it is that I can use the stations logo and turn it into a bitmap adn place that on the LCD screen so when I press the logo, it goes to that station for me without pressing any other buttons. Now, I know macros aren't new, but this remote seems to work rather well and you can have up to 255 commands per macro. Here is some custom screenshots of what other people have doen that will give you an idea of what you can do....

See image posted below:

This image shows the 'home' screen

See image posted below:

He has custom IR lights setup. He can use his remote to turn them on and off

See image posted below:

And here is a screenshot of his channel setup. Notice the tabs in this pic.

The ideas are virtually limitless. You need only worry about how much memory you have and keep within the space. So if any of you have any ideas, let me know

Dave

[This message has been edited by Helevitia (edited 13 June 2001).]
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

First try using jpg's instead of bmp's OK ?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It only supports .bmp

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yes, but our browsers support .JPG

My old netscape wouldn't even display .BMPs

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I smell PRONTO!!!!!

I know xortam has one - he & I had some discussions when I bought mine... http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001805.html

http://www.remotecentral.com is the pronto clearinghouse for information.

I bought mine last year for my b-day present. I love it. It really simplifies operating a home theater now that we're into the age of video inputs, audio modes, etc.

[This message has been edited by ahartman (edited 13 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ahartman (edited 13 June 2001).]
          PIII 550@605
          IWill Motherboard VD133
          VIA Chipset
          512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
          G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
          DirectX 8.0a
          SB Live! Value
          8x DVD (Toshiba)
          6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
          Intel Pro/100+ NIC
          3Com CMX Cable Modem
          Optiquest V95 19"
          HP 812C Color Ink Jet
          Microtek flatbed scanner
          Intellimouse Explorer
          Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
          AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

These pics are in there respective order to Helevitia's first post.

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 13 June 2001).]
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

wow, didn't realize some browsers wouldn't display .bmp. Sorry for the confusion. thanks Greebe for converting those for me

ahartman, yeah, saw your link and remotecentral is a site I frequent quite often. Have you done anything special with your Pronto? Meaning, have you revamped the interface like others have or are you using the default setup?

Dave

Comment

Oh no! Please, please, please don't post B/W or Text-only images as .jpg

How about:

FileSize for the original BMP: 38518 bytes
                FileSize for the JPG : 61164 bytes
                FileSize for the GIF : 7343 bytes

See what I mean? PNG would be even better than GIF, but there are some browsers that don't know PNG again.
                But I can hardly think of any browser that doesn't support GIFs (OK, forgot about Lynx... )

P.S.: Sorry for being a bit OT...
                But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                My System
                2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                German ATI-forum

Comment

What is your HT setup Dave? For an idea at how complex the macros can get: My friend has an OTA HDTV card in his PC which he'll use to watch TV on his 10' projection screen via his projector which goes through a KVM switch which selects his PC VGA port. By hitting one HDTV button, the following sequence is initiated:
                  • lower projection screen (x10)
                  • power on projector
                  • dim room lights and bring up reading light (x10)
                  • power up amp, preamp, surround, etc.
                  • switch KVM over to PC input

I'm sure there are more steps involved but you get the idea. The important thing to do is select equipment that has discrete codes (IR code for power on is different from power off). You can control many additonal devices via x10 and an x10 IR pickup. The Pronto, and other such universals, are great integrating control centers, i.e. they tie all of your disparate lighting and equipment together. One idea you might try if you have a IR keyboard is to program the Pronto to issue the PC DVD player navigation keys via a stand-alone DVD control layout. Don't forget to backup your Pronto .ccf file to your PC so you never lose it. You ultimately have near infinite memory in the Pronto since you can save and load the configuration files at will, but that's not something you would frequently do. You sure can chew up a lot of time programming the Pronto with codes, macros, graphics, and layouts, but that's part of the fun.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I keep forgetting about that. D'oh!

BTW it's now fixed

Comment

Thanks. I'm one of those poor ISDN 64 Kbit/s users, as you all most probably knew right after my post....
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

I've tweaked the interface a bit, but mostly from stolen stuff from remotecentral. I got to the point where I said "this is good enough". You can tweak your setup forever unless you get bored or are a genius!

The hardest part about the Pronto is resisting the urge to buy new components when your current stuff doesn't have the discrete codes you want...

I'm about to buy a new receiver, so I'll have to d/l Pronto Edit again so I can play!
                        PIII 550@605
                        IWill Motherboard VD133
                        VIA Chipset
                        512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                        G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                        DirectX 8.0a
                        SB Live! Value
                        8x DVD (Toshiba)
                        6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                        Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                        3Com CMX Cable Modem
                        Optiquest V95 19"