Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla 0.9.1 out

Mozilla.org has released a new version of Mozilla. New, fixed:
    * Stability greatly improved since Mozilla 0.9 with 34 of our most frequently reported crash bugs fixed.
    * The Modern skin has been overhauled. The new version of Modern sports a lighter and smoother look with all new icons and widgets.
    * A new status bar which combines the old taskbar and statusbar into one toolbar freeing up screen real-estate (reflected in both skins)
    * Typedown addressing against an LDAP server has been implemented for Mozilla Mail.
    * Many performance improvements in layout and networking.
    * Bi-directional text support enabled for Hebrew and Arabic thanks to the contribution by IBM. (Arabic shaping only works on Win32 right now.)
    * XSLT support is now turned on although the implementation is still incomplete and has bugs.

Downloads here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/releases/

------------------
    Live long and prosper!
    Live long and prosper!

Can't wait to get it to my computer
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well I run nightlies (download them every day ). But I always keep an official release installed on my drive just in case that nightly is a bad one.

------------------
      Live long and prosper!
      Live long and prosper!

Comment

Tried to download the official release, but it's slow going. 1.9k/sec at maximum

I'll try again tonight
        For the moment the Talkback version works okay

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I'm typing this up in Mozilla 0.9.1. I haven't used it more than 2 minutes yet, but it's running very fast and very smooth. Looks like I'll haft to take it out on a ride.

------------------
          ]@/\/\/\/\|Ø\0©|<

Athlon 650
          256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
          87 GB storage from WD & IBM
          Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
          SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
          Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
          Please email me if you would like to contribute to the "Jammrock needs new toys" fund.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Jamm, try to scroll down on a page still loading in these fori, or when a forum page is loading, try accessing page two of a thread. Does it crash out with a GKCONTENT.DLL error?

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I would try that for you but I can't make a page on the forums to be still loading longer than a second.

Otherwise it did not crash.
              But it still doesn't even display most of the animated UBB GIFs correctly.

Hmm.. I'll have to find one of those threads with a bunch of huge pictures.

Comment

NOTE: I wanted to post it in the other Mozilla thread but looks like I have way too many browser windows open now.

Hmm.. I've just downloaded the full 0.9.1, but now tried this embed version also. Thankfully both arrived in less than a minute.

Their servers aren't particularly busy or are just good.

So, about this embed build: it isn't any better than what is offered by IE. In fact, it is worse. Now what's the reason to use it instead of IE?

[This message has been edited by fds (edited 08 June 2001).]

Comment

Ever heard of Win98Lite?
                  It's quite useful in that version of Windows. (The IEless one)
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

What was that about a stable browser Jorden?
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Win98Lite is quite stable, xortam. If you've never tried it for longer than 20 minutes, don't complain.

Besides, I am not using it. Holly is using it and she thinks it works great.

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Excuse me?! The topic is in Mozilla 0.9.1. I don't even know what Win98Lite is except for a few comments here in the forums. Is it a browser? I thought it was a third-party package which minimized the Win98 installation.
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

98Lite IS the Software for us who like to streamline their W9X to only have what are needed.

And While it started as a way to install W98 without IE, it has evolved into a tool that makes every part of windows awailable under

"Add/Remove Programs"

If you dont want IE, then uncheck the box and its gone....

And if you for some arcane reason wants it back when it's finaly of your computer;

Check the box and after a restart it will be back as if it had never left.

It's very good on NLE machines that is not used to anything else than capturing film

[This message has been edited by Technoid (edited 08 June 2001).]
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

O.K. ... as I thought. Jorden is just confused ... again.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by xortam:
                              O.K. ... as I thought. Jorden is just confused ... again. </font>
                              That was by faar the most confusing reply I have ever withnessed

Comment

Working...
                              X