Forcing refresh rate in games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcing refresh rate in games?

Howdy all. I was wondering if there was any utilities out there that let you specify the refresh rate you get while in a game. I have my desktop running at 85 Hz, but when I play a game it gets set to 60 Hz. Any ideas?

I use HZTool ... it's a free program which can set refresh-rates for all the resolutions provided by the driver for the monitor.It can set refresh rates for all bitdepths at the same time.

It dosen't work in W2K !

Get it at http://hem.spray.se/doxx

Don't know if it works on all GFX Cards !
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

The reason your game runs using a different refresh rate is because it's using a different bitdepth than your desktop.
      If you were to set your desktop to the same bithdepth as the game, the desktop would also use a 60 Hz refresh rate !
      Normally you can adjust wich refresh rates to use with what bitdepth using a util. / powerdesk etc. that comes with the GFX Card.
      But if you have a nVIDIA card and use reference drivers the then the only ( easiest ) way to change refresh rates is to use the above tool.

[This message has been edited by Kosh Naranek (edited 10 June 2001).]
      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

If you´re using a Matrox card, do a custom monitor in Powerdesk. It´ll force the same refresh rate either on desktop or D3D/openGl, even on win2k.

If not, use Powerstrip 3.0 and do a custom monitor in display profiles. Fortunatly for win2k non-Matrox users it´ll do the same as powerdesk. Actually it´s a shame that only Matrox includes this ability on its win2k driver (since the 5.1x ones).

Comment

Working...
        X