Just upgraded to a Hitachi 21"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just upgraded to a Hitachi 21"

Just wanted to say that I upgraded to a Hitachi Superscan 813. It's as large as my TV now, heh. Adjusting the picture to get it just right seems to be a near impossible. Meanign I can get it close to what I want but not perfect, it's like I 'll adjust here then over there the picture doesn't look perfectly virtical. But you have to comprimise I guess I paid $450US for it.

A small tip.
    When you're adjusting pincushion and trapezoid, first use the general ones and only watch the left alignment, then use the right pincushion and trapezoid to align the right side of the screen.

I'm pretty satisfied with the geometry except that it's sloping a bit horizontally to the right, ie the picture is taller on the left than on the right, but alas there's no "horizontal trapezoid" (not sure if that's what it's called).

Kim
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Easy Sisyfos ... just open 'er up and rotate the yoke.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Tried that, but then I missed the vertical trapezoid.
        Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

It's a pretty good monitor overall though.
        Just sad that 1440x1080 is the highest I can go without starting to notice the mask and a woolly effect.

BTW, if the horizontal dot pitch is 0.24mm can you just devide the viewable width with this to see what the monitor is physically capable of? At 400mm the CM813 should be able to do 1600x1200.
        P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
        Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Sisyfos:
          A small tip.
          When you're adjusting pincushion and trapezoid, first use the general ones and only watch the left alignment, then use the right pincushion and trapezoid to align the right side of the screen.

I'm pretty satisfied with the geometry except that it's sloping a bit horizontally to the right, ie the picture is taller on the left than on the right, but alas there's no "horizontal trapezoid" (not sure if that's what it's called).

Kim
          </font>
          I don't have that but it slops down a hair towards the center on the top and bottom but just slight, not enough to make me want to fix it. But I did notice that the top and bottom bottom are not perfectly straight.

Comment

Working...
          X