CD-RW question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-RW question

Just a question, does it still make sencse to get a CD-ROM drive with a CD-R/W drive? I'm looking at getting the Plexor 16/10/40 CD-r/w in my next computer and I'm wondering if I should get a CD-ROM drive also.....

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,384mb RAM, Hercules 3D Prophet 4500,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Well doing so will allow you to easily do CD-to-CD copies. However, depending on the CD-ROM drive, this usually doesn't work too well if the burner's too fast for the CD-ROM drive to keep up. But if you're going to get a fast CD-ROM, say a Kenwood TrueX, that wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

and to avoid burnproof cutting in put each on a different ide channel!

Comment

I think the perfect combination is to get a CD-R/W drive and also a DVD drive. It gives you lots of functionality, and good DVD drives are $90 or so.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

oh yeah...sig

------------------
          Epox 8KTA3 w/ Duron 850@7.5*133 with Alpha 6035, 256MB Crucial 7E, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Plextor 12/10/32A, IBM 45GB 75gxp, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH7.0 (2.4.0-final), and Win98 (when I have to).
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

True burner-junkies will tell you that you use the burner only for burning...use the CD-ROM for everything else...

Comment

I had all three until the new Plextor decided it didn't like my old NEC 3x CD.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

personally sell that 40x asus drive and replace it with a cdrw keep the dvd(is it unlocked) and your all set

------------------
                MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
                512Ram G400DH32mb
                Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
                msn messenger id: mkanashta
                DFI NFIIUltra 400
                756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
                Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
                Windows XP pro
                msn messenger id: gchisel
                Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by windigo:
                  personally sell that 40x asus drive and replace it with a cdrw keep the dvd(is it unlocked) and your all set

</font>
                  I'm giving up my current computer to give to my Girlfriend when I get my new one..though its something to consider!

------------------
                  Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,384mb RAM, Hercules 3D Prophet 4500,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

consider getting a LiteOn LTD163 dvd drive to compliment the plextor. it's supposed to be the king of dvd drives for DAE & supposidly can manage up to x24 on the fly copying.

Comment

Working...
                    X