Mercedes-Benz Truck Racing Crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes-Benz Truck Racing Crap?

I just read the Anandtech review of the RadeonLE, and it says the ATI cards cant run Mercedes-Benz Truck Racing.

The Geforce3 couldnt run it either.

The Kyro2 couldnt (although can now).

Does anybody else think this must be due to it being a badly written game?

If you write a game, surely you test it on more than just a Voodoo3 and then ship it out.

It seems stupid that lots of web sites are saying the kyro2 has driver issues because of MBTR, and saying the ATI cards have driver issues because of that one game. Did it not ever occur to anyone that the game itself might have issues?

Just a little something I noticed.

Actually, if it's true that the GF3 can't run it, that's hilarious!! Remember the fiasco where nVidia sent out that notice to their oems..

Not that this would make me a happy camper as the consumer, knowing that my GF3 won't run the game.

------------------
    System specs:
    AMD T-Bird 1.33 (o.c. to 1.5Ghz)
    Asus A7M266
    256MB Crucial PC2100 DDR RAM
    Promise Fastrak 100 EIDE Raid controller running
    2x IBM DTLA 60GB 7200 RPM UDMA 100 hdd, RAID 0 array
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

This is from a review of the Geforce2go mobile graphics at THG. Another instance of this game being crap?

http://www6.tomshardware.com/consume...oshiba-21.html

By now, those of you who have had the pleasure of reading my previous notebook articles are bound to be crying out for Mercedes Benz Truck Racing results. The driver for the Toshiba only displays the roof of the trucks, along with some space and ground. This is why I skipped this test and used the 3DMark2000 (unpublished as of yet) for comparison.

Ali

Comment

Well, according to c't, ace's hardware and some other sources this game is not only very poorly written (thus runs slow and is therefore ideal to stress vidcards to the max), but uses some tricks having to do with the Z-buffer for instance, which explains why the Kyro II had it's problems with the game.

It has great graphics, but IMHO those could be achieved with a lot more compatibility and speed.

(And I was so proud to see a game with good graphics from germany... well, maybe aquanox will be - the predecessor had 16bit graphics quite some time ago AND had great gameplay )

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
        X