Considering TFTs... suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering TFTs... suggestions?

I think I have decided to dedicate my dual cpu matrox powered system to everything but gaming. as most likely the next matrox card will support dual DVI output, and doesnt look to be a real 3D performance monster, im considering to go dual TFT displays. I really like how they use up hardly any desktop space Im considering something in the 15" range. I really really like Iiyama, but i dont know if any of their TFT displays have DVI input. Anyone have any thoughts on TFT displays for CAD and 2D work?
    First Love:
    • Lite-On FS020 enclosure w/4 120mm Panaflos and soon a 172mm Nidec
    • MSI 694D Pro w/ BIOS 1.6
    • 2x800E cC0 Pentium 3 w/ 2xVolcanoII
    • SyncMAX(NEC) PC166 VCM SDRAM 4x128mb w/ CAS = 1
    • nVidia Quadro2 Pro, but Matrox at heart
    • And other non-important stuff like hard drives and a dvd drive
    • Pineapples

Second Love:
    1990 Toyota Celica GT

..bump...
    First Love:
    • Pineapples

Second Love:
    1990 Toyota Celica GT

Comment

If you are planning on using two 15" LCD's for CAD work, you may want to consider somthing else. You are going to be doing alot of panning and scrolling using 15" at 1024 x 768 even if you have two of them.

Cad work from my experience requires as much real - estate as possible and higher resolutions.

Good Luck

Jim Witkowski
      Chief Hardware Engineer
      Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com
      Jim at http://www.monitorsdirect.com

Comment

How about something like the SGI 16x9 plasma? I assume they still make this. I don't know if they still tie that to a Number 9 card. Are there any other larger format TFTs that aren't too outrageously expensive?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by GoSharks:
          If you are planning on using two 15" LCD's for CAD work, you may want to consider somthing else. You are going to be doing alot of panning and scrolling using 15" at 1024 x 768 even if you have two of them.

Cad work from my experience requires as much real - estate as possible and higher resolutions.

Good Luck

Jim Witkowski
          Chief Hardware Engineer
          Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com
          </font>
          what suggestions can you offer? I figured that 2 15" screens giving me a desktop resolution of 2048x768(or is it 1024x1536), would have more space than the 1600x1200 i have now.

i guess mainly its just the wow factor. ya, it would be nice to have two 17" screens with 1280x1024 resolution each, but i cant find anything under like $900.
          First Love:
          • Pineapples

Second Love:
          1990 Toyota Celica GT

Comment

Working...