Which card would give me TV-out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which card would give me TV-out?

I have a Gefarce II GTS PRO with the TV out option, but it works like crap compared to my old G400 dualhead. I'd like to add another PCI card to get good TV out (= to G400) abilities. Which Matrox card would work best? (and cheapest, I'm not looking for fast 3D, just good secondary 2D and TV out...) Thanks for the info guys (and gals

------------------
    -Jay
    -Jay

as you said yourself, get a G400 DH

Comment

'Cept G400 never came in a PCI form.
      G450 does, but it's TV-out is known not to be as good as G400's.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

RRG doesn't have firewire either. And are you that suprised the rainbow runner studio doesn't have firewire? Back in 1996 or whenever it was released, I bet firewire was a glimmer of an idea in someone's head!

Anyway - the RRS isn't bad at capturing - some say it's the best vid cap card matrox have ever released (bar the RT-2x00 series). Only thing is, its TV out isn't great - you don't get independant resolutions or even refresh rates so the monitor goes down to 50hz when TV out is enabled. Also, you only get a clone of the desktop.

Oh yeah, also it only works properly in win95, although I've had mine working under winme and win98, although the tv out didn't function correctly.

And one other thing - I wouldn't be suprised if the card didn't like being a secondary card too.

All in all, I'd say it's a poor choice if you want TV out

How about an ATi card? Their TV out isn't bad.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Opps, that didn't sound right I guess. What I meant was that my digital camera doesn't have firewire, so I don't need that (but wish it did!).

What I most want is a second display, don't care if it does only TV or VGA as my GTS will be the VGA source, and it can clone the GTS output, I don't need dualhead. I just want to watch .rm and mpg videos on a TV (but with quality approaching the G400 output). I do use Win98 tho, so it will need to work as a secondary PCI video out/in under that OS (and perhaps win2k or XP in the future).

For the capture part, I want to put stuff into the PC to avoid VHS tape degradation, so as long as it's at least as good as VHS capture that would be good. I will be inputting it from VHS and my digital camera's SVideo out...

------------------
          -Jay
          -Jay

Comment

And if an ATI or another name would work, that would be good. But I'm looking for quality and between $50-100 price, so I don't know if the price has dropped yet enough to make it in my budget. I'll probably get it used (as what I want prob isn't new anymore, especially for that price...) Whatever works, just looking for some good advise, like everyone in here always seems to give

------------------
            -Jay
            -Jay

Comment

Ok, looking around ebay and stuff I was wondering about a Millennium with the Rainbow Runner Studio add-on. Once I started looking around, it would also be nice to get rid of my winTV PCI (crappy quality) and get the Video input ability too. How is the input/output quality of this card. Would it give close to DVD with svideo input of my digital video camers (it doesn't have firewire output, damnit If this doesn't have the quality, how about a G200 with the RR-G?

------------------
              -Jay
              -Jay

Comment

Working...
              X