Radiator Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Help

OK all you water cooling experts, I'm in need of some help. I'm in the process of putting together a Swiftech water-cooled/peltier system, but their radiator is WAY too big for my case. I need a very compact radiator (preferrably 4x4 inch or slightly larger) with L-shaped fittings on the inlet/outlet. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing. I've gone to all my usual places, and nothing I've found fits the bill. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

- Manex
    ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Swiftech coolers are part of an integral system which are designed to work together. Sorry to say this but reducing the radiator size will grossly reduce the cooling potential.

I don't think a radiator the size you're asking for exists on the open market.

Suggestion: mount the radiator you have to the side panel (yes I know one big hole, on either side).
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, I know their components are designed to be used with each other, but I simply don't have the room (I'm trying to get everything inside the case). I figured if I could get a smaller unit capable of dissipating the heat load from the Peltier + CPU + a little headroom, that I would be OK. CaseETC has a 4x4 high efficiency radiator, but the it has straight fittings instead of "L" fittings, so I think I'm out of luck...

[This message has been edited by Manex (edited 03 June 2001).]
      ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

Or mount 2 radiator face to face with a fan over and between. Take these it's 5*5.

<A HREF="http://www.3dcool.com/radiator.shtml">Radiator</A>

Spazm
        P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Spazm, I've already got a radiator similar to the one in your link (except mine has straight fittings). The effective cooling area of that radiator is 5x5, but the unit itself is approx. 7 inches long, which is slightly too big. Thanks for the link anyway...

Comment

I know what Cole has for radiators (lived ~30min from him), but the pelt won't work worth a dang if you can't cool the hot side... besides it's larger than 4x4 due to the tubes.

Copper L fittings can be epoxied on it if you wish to go that route...

on the other hand cases are cheap.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Have you considered mounting the radiator to the top the top of the case? Have seen installs where blow holes are drilled in the top of the case for fans (which are mounted inside the case) and the radiator is mounted on the top of the case.

Picture here.

Edit: add photo link

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 03 June 2001).]
              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

SCompracer, now that's an intereseting idea... I'll have to make some measurements on my case and see if I can use that approach. If not, I may just have to suck it up and buy Swiftech's barebones package with case, pump, radiator, etc. already installed.

Comment

Working...
                X