X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid on the block.

http://www.inno3d.com/blade_news.html

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

How do you get "InnoVISION Inno3D Blade Series 3D Graphics Accelerator" on the box?
    Ah, I saw the picture... the box is very big, isn't it?

Could there be more 3D in the name, please?

"based on Trident Microsystems "Blade XP Graphics Processor""

Aaarrggg, is Trident still in the market?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">In the 3D side, its hardware-enabled, Dual-pixel, single cycle rendering engine...</font>
    Honesty should say they lost me there already.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">...is capable of fill rate of up to 332 million pixels per second and rendering 6 million tps (triangles per second), satisfying the next generation of graphics-intensive games. </font>
    Which game today isn't graphics intensive?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">The texturing engine supports Anisotropic, Tri-Linear, Bi-Linear, Point-Sampled Filtering as well as Mip-Mapping with 11 Levels-Of-Detail. </font>
    errrmmm... what?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Both cards fully support the latest Microsoft APIs such as Microsoft's DirectX 7, DXT1/DXT2 API as well as major operating systems such as Windows 98, Windows NT & 2000. </font>
    a tad old, isn't it?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Trident's hardware assist DVD capability (THAMA) is a clever technology that allocates the processing burden of DVD playback using a hybrid software / hardware solution, thereby guaranteeing 30 fps - allowing users to experience DVD movies at the highest quality. </font>
    First off, I don't see where Thama is in that name, but okay
    Other question. If I play a DVD on a 50Hz TV, how many fps do I see then? 25? 26? 50? what? How many do I see on a 100Hz TV?
    Is 30fps the highest quality I can get?

Ofcourse, no price included, so how cheap is "Users can now afford to experience the great graphics quality and performance without having to compromise their budget; gamers and graphics professionals will also find Inno3D BladeXP128 an excellent choice for the demands of the next generation of software. "?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">In the benchmark results, the Inno3D BladeXP128 significantly outperforms other well-known cards in the market that cost much more. High-end performance at the cost of mainstream graphics cards.</font>
      Benchmarks Please !

Then again ... maybe not
      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

"High-end performance at the cost of mainstream graphics cards"????

Has no-one noticed that "mainstream graphics cards" <u>already</u> have a "high-end" cost, or is it just me?

It's not as if we're buying rendering engines like they use at Pixar or MainFrame, after all. I mean, how much did your Radeon or GeForce DDR set you back? Isn't that costing "high-end" enough for a "mainstream" card? Or do they think the S3Virge is still "mainstream" or something ?

The sales pitch sure sounds like it's aimed at an uneducated buyer. I'd like to see this card and find out if it's as shabby as it sounds when you read between the lines.

----------------------------
        Holly

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 27 May 2001).]

Comment

The only way that card can beat your expectations is in how extremley bad it is
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The XP is actually a relatively old chip that's been used in Toshiba Satellite Pros for some time now. (Inno's simply reproduced Trident's specs from April 2000, which explains the out-of-date references.)

The board is probably targeting the sub-$50 retail market - competitive with SiS, and around half the price of a Radeon LE or MX.

Comment

inno3D is bad news anyway...no matter what the chipset. Failure rates are off the scale with their cards. POS...stay away......

Comment

Trident still around.

I have NEVER seen a decent trident based card. The trident cards I have seen were always far slower than any other card (or equivelant technology).

The Inno3d would be slower than even a G400 vanilla, and probably slower than a G450 16meg.
                80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

HAHAHA. Are you kidding? Blade3D already exists, and its speed exceeds i740 (no kidding) but is SLOWER THEN TNT1.
                  If this is Blade3D II then I believe its speed will be somewhere below G400.

Comment

Working...
                  X