Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myspace is discontinuing its free consumer service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myspace is discontinuing its free consumer service.

Well, I got this belated email in my mailbox tonight. Thanks very much Myspace, even though I have nothing in your space, as far as I can remember

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM MYSPACE!

Dear Myspace Customer

As you may have noticed the service provided by the company has not been accessible recently. Regrettably, Myspace is discontinuing its free consumer service.

We will be bringing the service back online so that you can get your files. The service will be available from 12pm noon Tuesday PST May 29 until 5:00pm PST Friday June 1st inclusive. THIS WILL BE THE ONLY PERIOD OF TIME YOU WILL BE ABLE RETREIVE YOUR FILES! After this date, Myspace free consumer site will be closed. Myspace customers will not be able to access their accounts, and, to ensure your privacy, all stored files WILL BE DELETED.

During this period, you will be able to either download your files or use Myspace's CD Burning service and have a CD with your files mailed to you. The CD Burning option is only available to customers in North America.

To make sure you continue to have global access to the data in your Myspace account, we recommend that you sign up for a FreeDrive account. For file transfer, download the data in your Myspace account to your desktop. Then, use FreeDrive's FD Desktop feature to easily drag and drop your Myspace files from your computer to FreeDrive.

[snip commercial for and link to Freedrive]

Thank you for using Myspace. We appreciate all our customers' support and hope that you enjoyed using the service.

With very best wishes,

The Myspace Team</font>
    For the record, I got this email in on Wednesday evening, 23:14 local Dutch time.

Might be a warning for you if you never saw the email and do have stuff there

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢
Working...
X