X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade queation

Hello Boys and Girls....

A quick question.

I am in sore need of an upgrade.... I am running a twin Cellery @ 525Mhz, 256Mb of pc133 Crucial on a BP6.

I will need a new PC in the next month or two and I am wondering what are the most reasonable dual boards around at the moment. I run my pc 23.5/7, so would like it stable.

I look humbly await your advice.....

also can you recommend a reasonable 15inch Flat screen for my 'silent running' PC project (this cellery clocked down and water cooled(PSU as well)-no fans, and running as part of my entertainment/hifi/Tv system)
    I would like to run with win2K, winamp/dvd player, linked to a wireless pointer/keyboard....

Thanks

------------------
    2X 466 celery @524 (bp6)
    256K pc133 Rambo (the good crucial stuff)
    18Gb Hd
    G400 dh with 2X sony 15 monitors
    some sort of soundcard (pci)
    Cable Modem
    Rock Steady USB Intellieye.
    other stuff too boring to mention

Too many fans!

[This message has been edited by RedRed (edited 25 May 2001).]
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Well,

I for one promote MSI's dual P3 boards. I personally use the MSI 6321 AIR, and it's pretty spiffy and stable.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I was looking at the Abit variant, (all my Pentium class mobos have been
      Abit), but I have seen this MSI board around....

MSI didn't have a great reputation for build quality... have they got
      better? (for that matter, neither did Abit!)

Is it as flexible with overclocking in mind?

A little OC is good......

On the other point... Has anyone seen any good 15" flat screen monitors around? I would really like a touch screen option..... I used to work for an EPOS company, and we used to do CRT touch screen machines - tres cool for a mediacenter.... you get the idea.... My dh setup to use the tv for DVD, wired to my stereo for sound, a flat screen primary for Winamp et al... downloading pictures every 15 minutes for the flat screen.... I could use a touch screen to control the PC... A wireless link to my main PC to my cable modem......

Oh... I want it!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.....

[This message has been edited by RedRed (edited 25 May 2001).]

Comment

In some forums RedRed, many unhappy Abit and ASUS users have been going to both MSI and Iwill to solve their woes. They claim the boards overclock easier and higher with less problems.
        MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
        Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
        512MB regular Crucial PC2100
        Matrox P
        X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
        LianLiPC70

Comment

Well the two biggest makers of dual boards,in terms of available models are either tyan and especially supermicro.

They've got everthing from 200$ dual boards all the way to 1000$+ ones,including quad cpu boards that use serverworks chipsets(awsome)and have been building boards like those for years.

note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
          P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

MSI's quality has definitely gone up in the past couple of years. My 6167 is an amazing board, and their latest offerings have also been quite good.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I have had 6 MSI boards in the last 2 years and they all worked great
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Thanks for the advice, peeps.....

Tyan/supermicro/msi..... That shold be a good start

Comment

Go with the MSI! At work we are currently only selling MSI mobos (and Intel server mobos)because of their great stability low price, and 3 year waranty!

BTW anyone wondered why the msi k7t ships without a fan on it's chipset hs? Take a look under the hs the chip is polished like a mirror!
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
                  X