Easy Cd 4 killed by SP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Cd 4 killed by SP2

Well it works but it won't close the disk. I've fixed it by upgrading to a later patch. According to the website it's patch 4.03b according to the help it's gone from 4.01 to 4.02.
    I'll have another look at there website andd see if theres a 4.02 patch to 4.03.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Hi

I was running Easycd version 403(328) and Directcd version 303 before the SP2 patch application, and they are still running fine afterwards.

------------------
    Lawrence
    Lawrence

Comment

Warning: Flaming Rant ahead...

And why, pray, is using EZ-CD Creator a good thing?

Do thineselves a favor and get Nero or CDRWin...you and your system will be glad you did.

I have had nothing but trouble with EZCD Creator 4.x/5.x since their release, and there are more patches and hotfixes out than Microsoft it seems. Besides, Nero uses the least amount of resources of any CD burning proggie I've ever seen.

Until Adaptec/Roxio can get their act together with their code, and make their updates intelligible, I would stay away from them, especially in Win2K.

Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I have it - it works without any hassles for me - so I use it.

Easycd 5 may be a different story though by the looks of it.

------------------
        Lawrence
        Lawrence

Comment

I also used Easy CD Creator before. But now I use Nero. It's much better and stable then ECDC. You have more control over the burning process then in ECDC.

------------------
          Live long and prosper!
          Live long and prosper!

Comment

I have never used easy CD creator...

I can't say anything good about it nor anything bad...

BUT

Something tells me that I should avoid it like the plague...
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well, I haven't used any of them, but Nero has Audio,Video,and Super-Video CD walkthroughs. Nero recently went to v5.5, which was a nice overhaul.
              I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but you can use the demo (2x write limited, maybe?). http://www.ahead.de
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I've used DCD 2.5a and ECDC 3.5a, straight out of the box, on Win98 with no problems for the last two plus years. I haven't tried it on W2K yet but I'm going to give it a try today. The price was right ... it came with my burner. If I had to go out and buy some new SW, I'd first look at Nero due to its fan base.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

if after removing Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.02c & 5.01 you are unable to access your CD-ROMs in My Computer in win2k then have a wander here for a fix.

Comment

Apart from sp2 and Wmp7 it's worked fine for me. Just does what I tell it.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The _only_ reason I continue to use EZCD is the astonishingly easy audio-cd and video-cd interfaces. If someone can assure me that Nero has caught up in this regard, I'd gladly give it a shot.

Anyone?

- Gurm

------------------
                      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

I have 5.01 installed with the 5.01s update. No problems at all.
                        I haven't tried Nero 5.5 only up to 5.0.3.8 and it didn't burn iso files without me needing to muck around with settings, so I couldn't bother with it. I do like its overburning capabilities though, but foud EzCD4 easier to use, and EzCD5 is even easier to use than EzCD4
                        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Nero could use an "iso button", but all I have to do is "Open File" to burn the ISO.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                          X