Asus A7A266 DDR/PC100/PC133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus A7A266 DDR/PC100/PC133

Anyone using this board. Comments how stable is it any cards it doesn't like etc.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Well I had a look on Asus forums and theres very little about it which is a good sign.
    However anyone at Murc using it?
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Go to amdzone and read their forums. It's a bunch of OCers, but there are some knowledgeable people there too. And problems are brought to light. Sometimes solved, sometimes not, but generally brought to light.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Doesn't look like there two many problems in comparison to the Abit KT7a Raid.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Wombat:
          Go to amdzone and read their forums. It's a bunch of OCers, but there are some knowledgeable people there too. And problems are brought to light. Sometimes solved, sometimes not, but generally brought to light.</font>
          You make it sound like most OC'ers don't know what they are talking about most of the time

AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

I was looking into getting one a few weeks back.

I think the Asus A7M is more stable plus it uses the AMD 751 Chipset as opposed to the the A7A using an ALI based one. You do loose the ability to use SDRAM though...

I was advised to wait for the A7V 266.

Paddy
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
            X