Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K SP2 final out!

get it here!

101mb don't they realise theres 56k modem users out there.
    It'll have to wait til I get back to work and I take my usb zip drive in. Looks like I'll need two disks.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Anyone know if there's much change than the Service pack 2 RC 2.52 ??

99.5 MB (104,382,464 bytes)

10 March 2001, 04:02:51

I don't really want to download it again!

Ath SOC1 1.2gz,G200(dam), Asus a7V133, sonic fury, Maxtor+ 40 30GB, 384Mb(133), win2ksp2 <-&->Vaio Z600 P3 700, 192mb, Ati rage, 15gb

Comment

a few more squashed bugs and few new ones ???
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

anyone know if SP2 causes problems for Matrox's eDualHead?

Not that I'm expecting it to- but I figure Matrox probably did a few things in eDualHead that aren't officially blessed by Microsoft...

Comment

I just got done installing W2K and SP1 less than a week ago. Now I get to go through another mega download?! Thankfully I have SDSL ... SP1 took me about 14 minutes. I hope this SP fixes some OE and WMP7 bugs I've run into. Off to check out the release notes ...
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well, the good news is that this will allow Creative to release LW4, the bad news is that they aren't sure if they will do this.

Rags

Comment

why are they hesitating?

It will stop customers from blaming Creative for not providing drivers that support AC3 throughput through directsound in win2k.... (if I'm right that SP2 implemented support for this, and the current live! win2k drivers don't support that feature yet).

Comment

Last time it took me 5 hours to download sp1!

Still 10 hours of uptime costs less than getting it on cd from MS!
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Here's the FAQ:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...ues/sp2faq.asp

Anyone know the URL for the list of bugs that are addressed in SP2?

Thanks much!

Comment

Fired up the old GoZilla immediately, should be down in another 5-6 hours
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

@£$#¤%& Can't find the swedish version
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

This fix list is dated 3/26/01:

http://www.activewin.com/win2000/sp2bugs.shtml

Comment

I was looking through the buglist while waiting for sp2 to download and saw this

Q251007 Some Cluster Disks Are Not Available After Installing SP6
                            WTF I thought SP6 was for NT4

at 68% now btw
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

To install service pack 2 do you have to have sp1 installed or can you just go straight for sp2

------------------
                              PIII450@504, G400 32MB DH, 384MB, BX2000 MOBO.

Comment

Working...
                              X