Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing on a P4 1.5 Ghz

Fun Fun Fun...

This system is cool... its at the shop where I hang out sometimes... The guy hasn't picked it up yet so I thought I would give it a test drive... (its set up as a demo system at the moment)

All I can say is... It may not be an Athalon.. but it still kicks my comps @ss

------------------
    "Wouldn't it simplify things if Hettar, Mandorallen, and I go pick a fight with them? Five dead Murgos aren't going to follow anybody."
    "I don't know if that would set to well with the Tolnedran legionnaires who police the fair," Silk drawled. "Policemen seem to worry about unexplained bodies. It upsets their sense of neatness."

From Book Two of the Belgariad, David Eddings
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

First a 1.5Ghz P4 and now a 700Mhz T-Bird (It will only do ~750 with the crappy heat sink)

Fun Fun Fun... aren't I just having a good day...

If only people wouldn't mess around with stuff they didn't fully understand then I wouldn't have to go out of my way to play on cool systems.

Boy I love my night job...

(BTW I fixed the agp on that P1.5... somehow it was disabled and the intel board wouldn't let you set it in the bios... had to do some voodoo magic to get that going) Man was the owner of the computer store happy that I showed up today... it was driving him bonkers and the guy picked it up just after I left

------------------
    "Wouldn't it simplify things if Hettar, Mandorallen, and I go pick a fight with them? Five dead Murgos aren't going to follow anybody."
    "I don't know if that would set to well with the Tolnedran legionnaires who police the fair," Silk drawled. "Policemen seem to worry about unexplained bodies. It upsets their sense of neatness."

Comment

So now you will be paid lots of $$$$$$$$$$ as a frelance concultant for that particular shop ?
      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Hey its cool... anytime I help out I don't get paid but I am allowed to have a tab and anytime I fix something fast they compare it to how long it would have taken the co-owner tech guy (he's a real good guy) to get around to it and they knock the labour amount off of my tab... I haven't really used it yet... but I am just getting credit at the moment... and attaboy's are all I am really looking for at the moment... if a computer shop would recommend me as very competent it would look really good on my resume

Charles

------------------

[This message has been edited by cbman (edited 12 May 2001).]

Comment

LOL. Just noticed the sig, cbman. Since you've read that, you probably also know where my current most-used UT name came from: Azash.

------------------
          System specs:
          AMD T-Bird 1.33 (o.c. to 1.5Ghz)
          Asus A7M266
          256MB Crucial PC2100 DDR RAM
          Promise Fastrak 100 EIDE Raid controller running
          2x IBM DTLA 60GB 7200 RPM UDMA 100 hdd, RAID 0 array
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Hah... yeah... I have the book series here somewhere...

I have read all of the new books that caught my eye... which kinda sucks... waiting for the next books in series to come out is hard to do...

Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, Ed Greenwood, R. A. Salvator, David Eddings, Leah Eddings, Margret Wies and Tracy Hickman, Piers Anthony, Fred Saberhagen, Terry Brooks, Tad Williams... The list goes on and on... Plus tons of war novels (Which my father collects)

I read way too much... the last two books I read were Faith of the Fallen (Terry Goodkind) and Winter's Heart (Robert Jordan) Plus I am currently rereading the Belgariad and then I am thinking of getting the Tad Williams Otherland Series... I am kinda iffy on that one though.

------------------

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Kosh Naranek:
              So now you will be paid lots of $$$$$$$$$$ as a frelance concultant for that particular shop ?</font>
              Probably just an atta-boy with no monetary compensation????? LOL!
              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
              X