PCI Latency timer Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Latency timer Q

What should I set the PCI latency timer 2 on my BX 133 RAID (FSB 143MHz)? My options are 0 -> 31 x8(CLK)!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Neither have I on this mobo! But if I remember right the setting on older mobos used to be 33! Is a lower # faster than a higher? If I understand my setting right it's 248 (31*8)!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Using TweakBIOS, i`ve set (all) my latencies to248, and gained some 15-20% Mem throughput. If TweakBIOS is valid, higher values are faster.

------------------
      Seth, are you ok ?
      I`m peachy, Kate. The world is my oyster.
      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/bios2/13.shtml

64 is slightly better than 32, anything higher is usually counterproductive. Also if ISA cards are present anything over 32 may cause problems.

Comment

Yeah.. just crosschecked on the PCI latencies adding to Mem Throughput and just plain bios PCI latency didn't change much but best preformance was achieved at 64

------------------
          "Wouldn't it simplify things if Hettar, Mandorallen, and I go pick a fight with them? Five dead Murgos aren't going to follow anybody."
          "I don't know if that would set to well with the Tolnedran legionnaires who police the fair," Silk drawled. "Policemen seem to worry about unexplained bodies. It upsets their sense of neatness."

From Book Two of the Belgariad, David Eddings
          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
          X