Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nvidea, Hitler's revenge.......

PowerColor Denies Association with VGA-NO1
    Posted Thursday, May 10, 8:30AM by de anvil Comments (0)

We reported yesterday that PowerColor will in fact be making a KYRO II board, but will be doing so from a new company called VGA-NO1. Well, PowerColor have posted this bit of news on their website:

To our valued customers:
    We at C.P. Technology, again, assure our commitment with nVIDIA to be our ONLY chip set provider.
    We would like to announce that C.P. Technology does not have any relationship with the company named VGA No1. This point has been verified and corrected by the media, which made this report.

I must give NVIDIA credit for having the power to force companies to dance under their 6-shooter of a glare. BUT, Reactor Critical have found out this very interesting bit of news by doing a WHOIS for the domain name of VGA-NO1:

Registrant:
    C.P. Technology Co., Ltd
    12F, No. 86, Hsin Tai Wu Rd. Sec. 1, Hsi-Chih, Taipei Hsien, Taiwan 221, R.O.C.
    TW

Domain Name: vgano1

Wang Poliang poliang@powercolor.com.tw
    TEL: (02)2696-0088#102
    FAX: (02)2696-0099

Record expires on 24-APR-02
    Record created on 18-APR-01

Domain servers in listed order:
    dns.is.net.tw 210.62.128.1
    dns1.is.net.tw 210.62.128.2

Registrar: HINET URL: http://nweb.hinet.net

So it does look as if PowerColor is in fact part of VGA-NO1, but they have to deny it so they will NOT piss of off the boys at NVIDIA. Who here thinks NVIDIA is getting a bit too big for their own britches?

This kinda shxt really irks me, there is no way you could get me to drop one of their cards into a system after all the crxp they try to pull, I'd rather sell it with onboard video >p

System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

The aparantly think they are the succesors of 3DFX! (well.. they baught them )

Intel tried this aproach when Athlons first came out, it diden't work
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

DuRaNgO: While I agree with you to disagree on nVidia's politics, I really don't think any connection to Hitler is appropriate.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hitler, Hitler, Hitler

Comment

Stop that!
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

nVidia needs some competition to bring them down a notch..too bad there isn't any.

------------------
            MatroxG400MAX..and some other stuff

Comment

Tom, there might be competition, but they can't get their drivers right, especially not since nvidia brings out a new card about every time the competition try to get their drivers right

Guys, what's the latest count on nvidia drivers brought out against bugs they got out of their cards?
              And what's the latest count of nvidia cards coming out and their price dropping?

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Oh yeah Rags, very polite, thank you

While I really like black humour (and I like black humour with hitler too, if it's good), I think calling a company to be hitler's revenge is just name calling (and childish name calling, I might add). I don't like nVidia, but do I call them Hitler? I think there's a line you should not cross, and accusing paople to be mass murderers when all they do is run their business in a way you don't like or consider unfair IS crossing that line IMHO.

Hope you get my point. I don't want this to turn in a flame war, neither do I want to destroy this thread (and I DO agree that nVidia's politics are BAAAD), but I think if you have arguments, you shouldn't call anyone names, it just doesn't help you or make you more right (and if you don't have arguments - just to make the sentence complete, DuRaNgO has arguments - you should shut up anyway).

AZ

Comment

Relax, you need to go out and have a beer or two.

Rags

P.S. If you really want me to draw similarities between what Hitler did with state run business and what nVidia does now, I can, but this isn't the Soap Box

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 12 May 2001).]

Comment

You're probably right, and in fact, I do really long for a beer now

Could you please start a soap box thread and show me the similarities between Hitler and nVidia? I'd really like to hear them and have a good laugh

AZ

Comment

Working...
                    X