Specs for ATI R200 and more!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs for ATI R200 and more!!

Just seen this little thing from Digit-Life about ATI's new cards. The R300 looks very interesting (and expsensive) .
    Although I can't understand how the R300(August 01)will precede the less advanced RV300 and RL300(Q4 01). mmmmmh.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by bacon:
    Although I can't understand how the R300(August 01)will precede the less advanced RV300 and RL300(Q4 01). mmmmmh.</font>
    Why not? The Radeon64DDR was also first on the market with the LE and VE version coming later on. NVidia had first the TNT2 with the Vanta coming afterwards, or the GeForce2 followed by the Geforce2MX.

Seems to be a usual marketing strategy: first bring the new chip to win the tests with, impress people and make the name known, then release cheap trimmed down versions for OEM/.... half a year later you'll get a slightly higher clocked ("Ultra") version out to shorten the gap to the next chip.

Of course there are also companies that bring one great chip out and more than one year later release a lesser performing trimmed down and cheap version for OEMs...

[This message has been edited by Indiana (edited 12 May 2001).]
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
    X