Friend has Problem with Radeon VIVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend has Problem with Radeon VIVO

Or more precisely the Video In part... he says he doesn't plan on using it but he isn't sure if its a defective card (Everything else works ok)

I haven't been to see his new computer with the card in it... but any suggestions I could pass on to him would be appreciated. (He doesn't live in town so it has to be information passable by e-mail or phone.)

Thanks in Advance

Charles

------------------
    Canadian... Hell Ya!!!
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

I have a Radeon64MB VIVO and I'm using the VideoIn, so maybe I can help.
    Could you describe the problems a bit more precise than just "has a problem"
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

V
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I will see what I can do.. he isn't really that savvy when it comes to computer hardware (In other words he just knows anything on www.rage3d.com, and any other site about "his hardware") so I will have to put it in context.

The Video In does not work... He has pulled out all the cards and allowed the Radeon to have a non forced IRQ... nothing... He has installed Beta and Released Drivers and Nothing... and he has also tried the newest version of the (Don't know the name of it... but the input software that was included with the card)

If you want I could try to find out more about the problem... but as far as I can tell nothing at all works when hooked up to the video input (No go... Nada... Nothing.)

I will try to find out tommorrow if the software crashes or not.. but I dont' believe so because I think he would have mentioned it...

As for hardware I will try to get a list off of him as well as a table of the IRQ's and the pertinent software versions

Thanx

------------------
        Canadian... Hell Ya!!!
        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
        X