Asus A7V133 and Zip Drive problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus A7V133 and Zip Drive problems

On my dads machine a Asus A7V133 with a 1GHZ thunderbird, the Zip drive constantly locks up when being used. We thought it was the drive itself but we replaced it and it still does the same thing. I did a BIOS upgrade, installed the VIA 686B southbridge fix and put in the lastest VIA 4in1 drivers, and still have the same problem. Its on the Primary IDE channel on the slave port. Orginally it was set as a floppy in the BIOS and I changed it to a HD, but still no go. Any once else running in this problem?

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Sometimes Zip drives wont work unless they are master, so try secondary IDE master.

Also, try setting that port to 'none' in Bios, and let windows sort everything out.

Last time I had trouble with a zip drive, I went to the iomega web site, and they had quite a good FAQ page. Could be worth a try.

Ali

Comment

Working...
    X