Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ASUS board is dead!!!!

Hello, everyone...

My CUBX just died after serving me for 10 months. Since it is still covered by the warranty, I am trying to get a replacement from ASUS. And I am not successful.

How can I get it replaced? I don't see anything on their web site that I can get the RMA number.

By the way, the symptom is the computer doesn't even power on. No fans are spinning. I swapped with another motherboard, and it is working perfect.

ASUS people sent me a couple of messages, but now they don't get back to me... It's been almost a week!!

Help me....

OCP Certified Oracle 8i DBA.

Epox K8HA+ w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512 MB SamSung DDR 2100, 2 X IBM 40G 7200 rpm HD, Soundblaster Live! Audigy MP3+, Matrox Parhelia-512 128MB, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM, Plextor 16X10X40 CD-RW, SamSung 900NF monitor, Lian-Li Aluminum PC Case.

Smash it to pieces with a hammer and upgrade? I've got a CUBX and have finaly decided ASUS doesn't care about the idiotic Celeron @ 100 FSB + ACPI and/or voltage over 1.6v bug. Plus the board gets hung up when restarting sometimes, requiring several trys to even post. Plus it they kindly included the Photoshop bug + fast P3 bug from their older boards in the CUBX. I'd be happy if mine bit the dust as long as it didn't take out anything else with it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

I didn't like this board at all. I had the same problem, and it is extremely unstable if overclocked... I heard lots of good things about this board, and it only gave me headache.

I hope I can get the replacement and set up a secondary basic system. I have this urge to smash this board into pieces, but it costed me almost $250 CDN...

If not, the h*ll with it...d**n

Epox K8HA+ w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512 MB SamSung DDR 2100, 2 X IBM 40G 7200 rpm HD, Soundblaster Live! Audigy MP3+, Matrox Parhelia-512 128MB, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM, Plextor 16X10X40 CD-RW, SamSung 900NF monitor, Lian-Li Aluminum PC Case.

Comment

I bought mine because of all the good reviews too. It was only after I received mine and started running into the bugs that I started to read about all the problems. If I remember right I payed $120 or so US for mine, I hope ASUS can help you either replace or fix it.

Comment

I will try to get the replacement, and hopefully, I could get it before the warranty period ends... Sigh.

If I get anything from ASUS, I will post it here. Besides the quality of the product, I hope to see prompt customer service from ASUS. Let us pray... ASUS, don't ruin your reputation with lousy warranty service.

Comment

From my experience, Asus (and many companies) doesn't usually deal with end users for RMA issues. You will probably end up having to deal with whoever you bought the board from. They will RMA it for you, or try to sell you a new mobo.
            I know. The company I used to work for did this all the time with all (Asus, Abit, Intel, Soyo, and other) boards. Often customers would tell us so-n-so said we needed to deal with you for our RMA because you sold us the board.
            "We can RMA your board for you...it will take 6-8 weeks...or you can buy a new mobo for xxx$"
            9 out of 10 times, the customer would go for the new mobo, not wanting to go without their PC for 2 months.

Best bet is to buy a new mobo for your system, and wait the 6-8 weeks to RMA the board for use in a second system, or sell it...

Note: I love Asus boards. The ones I have used in my personal systems have been excelent, and never failed me. But all companies push out a defective board once in a while...and not many of them make it easy to get that board replaced if it fails (one of the things I like about Matrox...they are very fair with their RMA policies)...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 10 May 2001).]
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Gee... I guess its a good thing I didn't get the CUBX (Guy at the store recommended it.)

But I opted for the CUSL2 because of the 100/133 FSB and ATA/100 support

------------------
              Canadian... Hell Ya!!!
              AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
              AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
              Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
              Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

My new (Purchased March 12th, installed March 19th or so) CUV4X-D is now sounding the TOD (Trumpet of Death) - One long tone, 2 short tones, long pause, then repeated short-tone, short-pause until power off.

Asus has responded to my first e-mail, with a "Maybe your board is defective, contact your local reseller" - since there is no local reseller involved, - I think I may in the same boat. This is not a Cheap board, and if it is toast, I think I may contact Visa about replacing it - (Membership has it's priveleges - er wrong card)

Guyver - This sucks - change it.
                Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                - 6.1 Digital Audio
                - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                - LS120 IDE Floppy
                - Zip 100 IDE
                - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                - NEC FE950
                - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

I have a crowbar you can borrow.

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

No Thanks Jammer,

I contacted ASUS support over the lunch hour, and got an RMA # to have them look at it. It's still under warranty, and they are curious to find out what the beep code means themselves .

Guyver
                    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                    - 6.1 Digital Audio
                    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                    - LS120 IDE Floppy
                    - Zip 100 IDE
                    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                    - NEC FE950
                    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Relax, kids. Asus DOES in fact RMA stuff. Just call tech support and force yourself to wait out the time on hold. once you talk to a tech or two, they will be helpful. The only caveat is that RMA's to Asus USA take on the order of a month.
                      System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Working...
                      X