Refurbished Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbished Monitors

At a local computer shows I goto, there is a vendor that sells refurbished Monitors with a 2 or 3 warrenty on them. I'm Kicking around the idea of getting a 20 or 21 inch monitor with a smaller dot pitch then the 19inch Optiquest I have now. Has anyone used a refurbished Monitor and do you have any comments on them? Also as for picture quaitly the guy usally runs a Dreamcast or Playstation through a box so all the monitors display the same image. How is this gonna effect me jugding what one I want to get. I don't want to have a sh***y looking monitor when I go to hook it up to my PC.

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I have one, a 21" trinitron. I am dissapointed. The picture quality is blurry and I had to shrink the viewable area so it wouldn't be so blurry along with a few other tweaks. Mine has a three year warranty too and I am using BNC.

Comment

I had a refurbished monitor once. I won't do it again. I think that all too often refurbished monitors have a failed part replaced (not to factory precision, at that), but not necessarily the part that caused the failure.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Regardless if the monitors are refurbished, they can't show their full potential when they all show the same picture, the adaptor used to plug all monitors into the same output decreases image quality, not seldom significantly (I've seen monitors look like bad they were receiving a bad TV signal, just because there were over 30 monitors connected to the same output).

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
        X