amd weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amd weirdness

i have another coputer with a T-Bird 900,on an Abit KT7A, with a gforce2 ultra.

the big prob is that i have to down clock it just to get it to boot, it won't do the 133 bus it's supposed to be able to do, i have to run it a 100 to get it stable and it'll run at 110 but shaky.

any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks, fredo

Are you sure it's a C model (the ones for 266 MHz FSB) ?

If it is feel free to ignore the following

If it isn't and you're manually changing the multiplier and FSB, I've heard something about people having trouble on some motherboards. As appears that the chip tries to initialize at it's default multiplier for a fraction of a second before being overridden by whatever you've set it to. In your case it would try to initialize at 1200 MHz before setting back to 900.
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I've never heard of a 900 MHz C model. I thought they started at 1000.

Paul
      paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

Me neither, but if it really is a 900 MHz C Modell and it is not working with 133 MHz FSB one of your components is broken, be it the mainboard or the CPU. I know, this isn't helpfull but i would try to contact the sales person and get a replacement for one or the other.

Regards

Comment

I'm not aware of any 900C's either.

So are the L1 bridges connected on the CPU or did you "pencil" them in and maybe need re-doing?

I had a 900B on a KT7A RAID board that would do 133/33/ @ 7.5 for 1000 OK, but wouldn't go past 1064 reliably no matter what combination of multiplier/FSB/voltage.
          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

thanks for all the help, i'll see what i can do with what you all have given me so far.
            if anything else, just go ahead and post it for i won't be able to work on it untill later this week (final exams )

fredo

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like you didn't change the multiplier, and you're trying to run at 9*133. When you run at 110FSB, is the machine running at 990MHz?
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

There are no 900 C series athlons! The possible speeds would have to be multiples of 66 2/3 MHz and 900 doesn't qualify (for the same reason there are no 900 Mhz PIIIs with a 133 Mhz bus).

You might be able to run your memory at a 133 MHz clock and your cpu with a 100 MHz clock. There are some tricks for changing the multiplier (and possibly using a 133 MHz bus cloc), but this is not something to be undertaklen unless you know what you are doing.

Robert Inkol

Comment

Working...
                X