Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to move hibernation file to another drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move hibernation file to another drive?

The Hiberfile.sys is used when W2K goes to hibernation and writes all in the memmory chips to HDD.

Anyone that knows how to make that file move?

I want to put it on my raid.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I haven't tried this myself but you can give it a try; what if you turn off hibernate, delete the hiberfil.sys if it's still there, fill up the drive where u don't want it to be created, re-enable hibernate and see what would happend ?

I guess windows should have 3 options then : not enable hibernate at all, ask where u want to put the file, or choose a drive/partition with sufficient free space.

On a side note though, would hibernate work with scsi or arrays or add-on cards that needs 3rd party drivers ? I'm just wondering coz when NT boots, i thought it was using standard built-in drivers for the disk controller ? But maybee i'm totally wrong after all.

Post back what you find though.

[This message has been edited by arbymo (edited 06 May 2001).]
    GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

It can hibernate when on scsi using 3rd party drivers.

It worked wonderfully when I had it installed on the raid Array.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
      X