(UK) Macron 300w PSUs going cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (UK) Macron 300w PSUs going cheap!

If anyone is interested, Maplin Electronics are currently selling 300w ATX PSUs badged Macron on sale at the princely sum of £20 including vat. Sale ends 19th May.

Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

do you know if that psu is AMD athlon approved??

Comment

Why not ask over here http://forums.murc.ws/cgi-bin/forumd...e=5&LastLogin=
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Guru:
        Why not ask over here http://forums.murc.ws/cgi-bin/forumdisp lay.cgi?action=topics&forum=MURCs+Happy+Shopper&nu mber=10&DaysPrune=5&LastLogin= </font>
        Well Guru, Rich isn't personally trying to "sell or trade hardware, software or whatever you want" so this forum is the appropriate place for someone to be kind enough to alert MURCers to a good deal.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim:
          do you know if that psu is AMD athlon approved??</font>
          I am using one of these and it is AMD approved.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

thanks SteveC!

Comment

I think i am using one too...or did i blow that one up...
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

urm, btw, it blew becasue i fiddled with the voltage regulator switch, not becasue it was crappy!

I dont want to put you off!

Does it have the dual fans?
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

No only a single fan, mine seems to run very hot which is why it's been replaced by an Enermax
                  When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Sorry, I nearly put down in big letters that it wasnt me selling anything, then I thought "Nah."

I looked at the AMD approved PSU page and it only rated the Macron PSU for upto Athlon 900's, but I know Overclockers.co.uk sell them as 'AMD approved' in some of their customised Globalwin cases designed for high-end T-Birds. Your guess is as good as mine.

Maplins webpage ( www.maplin.co.uk) doesnt list any details except its a 300w ATX psu (order code is ZZ43W), but I can tell you it's a single rear fan item and has a monitor passthru connector.

Hth!
                    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

hmmm.... it used to be AMD approved for up to 1100Mhz when I bought mine about 6 months back. In my PC it runs fine. (Have a look at http://www.steve-cooper.co.uk/spec.htm to see what it's powering. First PC in the list)

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve

Comment

How quite is this PSU?????????
                        I'm using a russian made 300w PSU for 3 years now so spending £20 at maplin is not a bad idea.
                        SteveC...will my system have any problem with it???????

------------------
                        Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x---&gt;6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.
                        Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x---&gt;6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

alessandro - check my specs from the link I gave in my previous post to see what I'm running. Your system sounds similar to mine, and I don't have any problems.

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve

Comment

Ok

Comment

Working...
                            X