Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerifications

Just two questions-

Is the Windows 98 MCP still avaliable for testing or did it go bye bye when the Win2K MSCE path came into being???

How hard is the Cisco CCNA test? I have a little bit of exposer to Cisco equipment at my job and I have a study guide, but any more info would be much appreated.

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I've taken the official Cisco CCNA course and have a study guide (The one from Sybex Books by Todd Lammle) but I've yet to take the exam.
    It seems pretty straightforward, as long as you make sure you answer in the approved Cisco fashion, and as long as you can memorise the entire IOS and its syntax.
    The most annoying thing (in the practice exams at least) is when you get asked a multiple-guess question with "Please select more than one answer." Then you have to pick the correct 4 out of the 5 options and if you get one wrong you get zero for the whole thing.
    IIRC the passmark is 80%.

Try www.cramsession.com , they have online guides and exam ratings for several certification paths, including Cisco.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Hi GT98,

The CCNA is not a bad test at all. It will take some studying and since it asks Cisco specific questions with regards to router configs and Cisco IOS, than you are better off to have a small router such as a 2600 or something similar to play with. My question to you...Are you taking the test just to take the test? Or, will you be able to apply the skills you've learned in your job? If it's just to take the test, I wouldn't recommend it. There is too much stuff and you will forget it. If you plan on switching jobs after you pass, and you want the test for your interview, go for it!

Dave

------------------
      What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
      X