need help with g400 marvel - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with g400 marvel - please help

i just installed my g400 marvel 4 days ago, and am having problems with the capture. i am running at a res of 1600x1200 16-bit and viewing with mjpeg video source as opposed to rgb 24-bit etc, and capturing with mjpeg (no recompression) at 704x576 25 frames/sec with avi_io and audio at cd qual.

when i capture i start losing frames after about a minute. it isn't a serious amount, a 100 frames gone out of 14000, but my old all in wonder didn't lose anywhere near that much when capturing at 720x480 at 25 frames/sec - huffyuv. i thought the marvel did hardware encoding and that i could use my comp at the same time it was capturing without losing frames.

i am running win ME on an athlon 1Ghz kt7-raid system with 384mb pc-133 ram and am capturing on a ata-100 maxtor 82gig hard disk which is used only for capturing, which is my primary master on the ata-100 ide port.

i am sure that it is not that the disk or the system is too slow for the data stream to the disk since i used to capture with huffyuv codec on my aiw at 720x480 which gave me file sizes of 15gb for 45 mins as opposed to 6.5 with the mjpeg codec

i deleted all the matrox files and installed video tools 1.54 and power desk 555 and a lot of problems have gone but i am still losing frames in avi_io and the playback is jumpy.

would i get less dropped frames if i got a scsi hard disk?

any suggestions as to how i can stop the loss of frames, and making the playback smoother would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
    --
    TJ

You want to make sure you don't have any background tasks running at the time. WinME has some built-in self-monitoring software that will impact you if you haven't disabled it. Anyway ... you should ask these kind of questions in the Desktop Video forum.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

sorry about posting in the wrong forum. anyway, i dont have any other tasks running and i have disabled system restore, disabled write behind caching but i still lose frames. i just finished capturing and on a newly formatted drive i lost 4 frames in an hour, but capturing after that, i lost a few and then spontaniously the dropped frames piled up (about 10/sec) till i stopped and resumed.
      --
      TJ

Comment

Working...
      X