framerate increase with new montor???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• framerate increase with new montor???

I have recently replaced my old 17" monitor sony 200es with a new 17" monitor sony g200(I love sony monitors ).

I got the following benchmarks results:
    win98 pd6.51 p3800 256mb ram g400max
    demo1.dm2
    quake2 640x480x32 on 200es 81 fps
    quake2 640x480x32 on g200 100 fps

the monitors were both running at 120hz
    and the computer and game configuration: (trilinear filtering, gl_shadows=1 and everything on max settings) was the same in both tests!!!

how can this be? and how does quake2 performs on other monitors?

I know quake2 is old but it is the only game i have that isn´t graphiccard limited (at least at 640x480x32), and is good at bencmarking.

I don´t know if this should have been in the benchmark forum, but i´m mainly interested in WHY???

[This message has been edited by TDB (edited 28 April 2001).]
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Right...plug in monitor 1, reboot, run Q2 and bench it 3 times.

Plug in monitor 2, reboot, run Q2 and bench it 3 times.

Then repost your new results

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

TDB, that brings back some memories. If I remember right, I had that model Sony (or one close to it) and it was rated to 120Hz (or higher) but wouldn't actually do it. I had dual Monsters in SLI and could not achieve the performance they were capable of because of that monitor.

I had spent $500 only to find out I had to buy a Sony 400PS to get the FPS.

Max PC ("boot" back then) was going to gripe to Sony on my behalf but found Sony was in the process of discontinuing that model.
      MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
      Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
      512MB regular Crucial PC2100
      Matrox P
      X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
      LianLiPC70

Comment

'boot' ... ahhh the memories... to bad they fuxxored it up gradually when they also changed the name to MPC

Comment

i got those results by running a timedemo 4 times, the results is the average result of the 3 last timedemos, first time i run a timedemo i always get a bit lower results (a caching issue i suspect)

And the 200es can run at 120 hz on a g400max even on a matrox g200, i know this because, when i play jedi knight with vsync on i get 120 fps and i get WAY higher fps with wsync off
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Working...
          X